cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Mahapadma
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700x and RAM Upgraded issues (BSOD)

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700x
AsRock B450M Steel Legend (BIOS UP TO DATE 3.60P)
HyperX Predator (HX432C16PB3AK2/16) 16gb 2x8 running at 3200mhz XMP1
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070ti
m.2 Crucial MX500 500gb
Corsair CX650 650W Bronze
HDD Seagate 2TB
CoolMaster Masterliquid ML240R RGB

Windows 10

My upgrade was two parts:

HyperX Fury 32gb (2x16) 3200mhz HX432C16FB3/16
SATA3 WD 4TB 64MB BLUE

I reinstalled windows 10 and installed the new parts but pc sometimes won't boot, make sounds or anything, we did some BIOS updates, and my pc kept crashing giving blue screens.

Long story short, after so many test and installing Windows 10 like 2 times, they gave new kit of DIMMs thinking the issue was the RAM, it wasn't. We tested 3 DIMMs of the same HyperX Fury model and we would get a blue screen. So I decided to use the same DIMM models that I've been using so far HyperX Predator (HX432C16PB3AK2/16) with all 4 slots filled. I still would get BSOD at 2933mhz, it seems to be stable at 2400mhz, but my pc should be able to at least get up to 2933mhz

Now I'm thinking that it might be either the Motherboard or CPU, I believe is the motherboard.
Just in case, I will list all the codes the blue screen was giving:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
0xc0000225
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I also did all the changes needed and supported by my CPU and motherboard just to be save for any errors and crashing issues (which it didn't, still got blue screen), according to AMD and AsRock website:

Ryzen 7 2700x

System Memory Specification
Up to 2933MHz

Ryzen Series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge):
SR SR SR SR 2933 (I've been using this one)

Right now at this moment, I'm only using 16gb of my old RAM kit, I did some test with memtest86 and it didn't give any erros, tho I couldn't OC to 2933mhz, system wouldn't let me.

I tried CS:go and I was losing frames, when I shouldn't, it seemed if I was playing at 30fps so I did some test and my concern is the temperature, I don't think cleaning my pc would solve the problem, it seems is beyond that.

0 Likes
1 Reply
MrMarcie
Journeyman III

I don't understand. Did you have 2 ram sticks and added 2 extra later? Maybe that's an issue.

If you use 2 ramsticks, are they from the same set? And did you put them in the right slots?

Because they should easialy be able to run at 2933. How did you set the speed? With XMP profile? Because that should work.

AMD all the way. Waiting for the RX 6700 for now.
0 Likes