cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

karliejai
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 1600 random freezes (try all the fix posted online)

Computer Type: Desktop, custom build

GPU: Radeon R9 200 series

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Wifi Pro

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz 8gb x2

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1+ 750W 80 Plus Gold

Operating System & Version: Window 10 Home

GPU Drivers: 26.20.12001.7006

Chipset Drivers: 10.0.18362.1

Background Applications: Random any moments (usually leave spotify on and when the music stops, that's when i know it froze) but other time opening a very simple program can get it stuck like gyazo to clip something on desktop. If playing games, can last about 15 minutes before BSoD and restart.

Description of Original Problem: Fresh setup of Ryzen 5 1600

Troubleshooting: (tried all these on old ssd with window and decided to install fresh copy of windows and give it a shot)

installed a fresh copy of window on a new SSD (updated all driver and flash BIOS)

change settings in BIOS (c global and prevent computer from idling too low)/changed Ryzen balance plan and tried Window's high performance plan

swapped out Rams

swapped out GPU

I just upgraded my CPU and mobo to Ryzen 5 1600 and GigabyteAorus B450 Pro Wifi. I was very excited cause there is a microcenter around me and landed the bundle deal that was posted on slickdeals.

But this thing has been nothing but a headache. Booted up SSD#1 (old window 10 from old mobo) Everything was great on the boot up and after the installation went out for the night and didnt use the computer til the next day. Upon the morning, my computer screen was frozen. I was able to move the mouse but can't click anything on the screen. Just thought it was a random hicuup. But for the next 3 days, I dont think my computer has been on for more than 20 - 30 minutes before running into a freeze and have to manually use the reset button on the case to restart the computer.

Last night, I did a clean install of window on a separate SSD#2 (brand new SSD) Got the latest update of window, flash Bios to F32 (disabled the c global in bios and changed my power settings), install all the drivers, switch out some other pair of DDR4 rams and even swapped with my friends GPU. Computer still randomly freezes but instead of being frozen now, it freezes for about 3 seconds and I get a quick BSoD and it restarts itself. I attached the log of the most recent crash getting the kernel error 41 on every crash. I've googled everything related to Ryzen and Window 10 freeze and tried all the solution everyone has brought up.

This thing is giving me so much headache, im about to just return this :(

If someone can kindly point me to the right direction on how to get this thing running smoothly would be great.

0 Likes
13 Replies