cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

karliejai
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 1600 random freezes (try all the fix posted online)

Computer Type: Desktop, custom build

GPU: Radeon R9 200 series

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Wifi Pro

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz 8gb x2

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1+ 750W 80 Plus Gold

Operating System & Version: Window 10 Home

GPU Drivers: 26.20.12001.7006

Chipset Drivers: 10.0.18362.1

Background Applications: Random any moments (usually leave spotify on and when the music stops, that's when i know it froze) but other time opening a very simple program can get it stuck like gyazo to clip something on desktop. If playing games, can last about 15 minutes before BSoD and restart.

Description of Original Problem: Fresh setup of Ryzen 5 1600

Troubleshooting: (tried all these on old ssd with window and decided to install fresh copy of windows and give it a shot)

installed a fresh copy of window on a new SSD (updated all driver and flash BIOS)

change settings in BIOS (c global and prevent computer from idling too low)/changed Ryzen balance plan and tried Window's high performance plan

swapped out Rams

swapped out GPU

I just upgraded my CPU and mobo to Ryzen 5 1600 and GigabyteAorus B450 Pro Wifi. I was very excited cause there is a microcenter around me and landed the bundle deal that was posted on slickdeals.

But this thing has been nothing but a headache. Booted up SSD#1 (old window 10 from old mobo) Everything was great on the boot up and after the installation went out for the night and didnt use the computer til the next day. Upon the morning, my computer screen was frozen. I was able to move the mouse but can't click anything on the screen. Just thought it was a random hicuup. But for the next 3 days, I dont think my computer has been on for more than 20 - 30 minutes before running into a freeze and have to manually use the reset button on the case to restart the computer.

Last night, I did a clean install of window on a separate SSD#2 (brand new SSD) Got the latest update of window, flash Bios to F32 (disabled the c global in bios and changed my power settings), install all the drivers, switch out some other pair of DDR4 rams and even swapped with my friends GPU. Computer still randomly freezes but instead of being frozen now, it freezes for about 3 seconds and I get a quick BSoD and it restarts itself. I attached the log of the most recent crash getting the kernel error 41 on every crash. I've googled everything related to Ryzen and Window 10 freeze and tried all the solution everyone has brought up.

This thing is giving me so much headache, im about to just return this :(

If someone can kindly point me to the right direction on how to get this thing running smoothly would be great.

0 Likes
13 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

go into bios and load default settings
install a FRESH Windows10
test again

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

fresh window has already been installed on a brand new SSD

SSD#1 old window 10 with version 18xx

SSD#2 new window 10 with verison 1908

0 Likes
ghosty
Journeyman III

The Kernel 41 error occurs when power is cut without windows going through the shutdown process, so when the machine losses power or when you press the reset switch or power switch.
It looks to me that it maybe to do with the volmgr entry in the log.
Is windows installed in legacy or UEFI mode?
Are you using AHCI / RAID / SATA mode for your disk controller?

0 Likes

AHCI. I am about to RMA this board and try another one if I have time to stop by micro center today

0 Likes

Well if it is in AHCI did you install windows in legacy or UEFI mode?
You can check by press the windows key and r to bring up the run command and typing msinfo32, then under system summary it will say bios mode, it will either say UEFI or legacy.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

temps and voltages?

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

https://gyazo.com/21ee2758ab2138ed9a62710a0b24b9b4

highest temp ive seen on the GPU us maybe 60C? was trying to push some graphic to warm up the computer to see if its related to the crash. But a lot of the crashes happen when I am just casually browsing or opening a simple task

0 Likes
kaylensa
Journeyman III

Hi based on your descriptions, it might be your processor are not installed properly.

Try open CPU cooler, and replace a thermal paste ( make sure to properly clean up processor surface ). After that install back the cooler, make it is fully tighten, if there is a slightly loosen contact it will cause the same issue.

If i am not mistaken, that motherboard have 2 type fan jumper connector, CPU Fan & SYS Fan. Make sure to connect with CPU Fan, not SYS Fan, otherwise the bios will miss reading.

This processor issue happen when our PC is built by shop, and they did it in rushing way, they might not installed it properly.

There are some tips for you:

PSU broke:  Your PC will not start, nothing happen, just a black screen or it will auto restart when windows attempt to log in. Or CPU fan will always on and off.

RAM problem: you can start PC, but will stuck at BIOS attempt. you might hear some beep sound.

GPU problem: Your Windows will start like normal, only your monitor screen will not detect the GPU.

Harddisk problem:Your windows will crash and, BIOS not detected any Harddisk.

0 Likes
alexko
Journeyman III

The same problem. Ryzen 1600 on MSI b350 pc mate windows10 1909. Every 30 sec short freeze.

0 Likes
alexko
Journeyman III

I use stock cooler. But it freezes  even on the desktop without load. I also use GPU RX480. Just removed the video drivers adrenaline. Now on the driver from windows 10 minutes there are no friezes

0 Likes

Hello, how are you? I'm from Brazil, sorry for bad English.

I have the same recently purchased components and the same problem you described, I also tried everything I found on the internet and nothing solves.

You were able to solve the problem, what was the solution?

ThanKs!

0 Likes

hi there. i have the same problem. ryzen 5 1600 with GIGABYTE A520M H.

i need a fix badly. also tried every thing under the sun.

have u found a fix? 

0 Likes
pierrelourens
Journeyman III

i found a fix for my ryzen 5 1600 freezing after days of looking i found this site. just follow the instructions. don't bother with the application they offer. it was a waste of time for me. https://windowsreport.com/fix-reset-to-device-raidport0/

0 Likes