Red Team Discussions

blazek
Miniboss

Re: Ryzen 1700X build with dual RX 480 4GB cards

Nice rig mate

blazek
Miniboss

Joker Productions sells "Make AMD Great Again" t-shirts with the AMD logo on them, it's just free promo IMO.

havenbreaker
Adept III

I believe as of right now the only licensed Ryzen Stickers are those that came with Ryzen Swag packs that were given away on social media. nelstar15erin.maiorinothecommonmasses​ one of these 3 should be able to give the final verdict on this topic but derrickgott007​'s answer also holds weight as a RTP member he is teamed up with the CMs as an AMD advocate and is here to help out with the forums.

0 Kudos
red5
Challenger

Just curious what type of benchmarks would people want to see?  I really don't see the point of synthetic benchmarks, so what games would you want benchmarked. I know it's nice to see benchmarks from someone who isn't on a company payroll and is actually spending their own time and money to build systems like this. Because he's bringing it over for a LAN party we'll have limited time to mess with benchmarks, so I figured I'd ask. It's stock clocked, so these would be basically baseline numbers if you ran a 1700X with dual 480 4GB cards.

foxman150
Adept II

I have essentially the same build but I am having issues with Crossfire and streaming at the same time. With both ME: Andromeda and Playerunkown's Battlegrounds I am having FPS drops I know both games are not well optimised right now but any advice to help with OBS settings and single PC stream settings to get the most out of my Ryzen 1700X and my Dual RX 480 4G Gaming X's would be great!

0 Kudos
red5
Challenger

We never did really benchmark it because his overclock wasn't stable and he was also having trouble with Crossfire.  I wasn't sure what to come back and say because it was all bad to be honest.

He'll be back up soon for another LAN party and we'll see if BioS updates help any.

foxman150
Adept II

See my Crosshair is quite unstable as well, I guess it is the X370 build issue. I will patiently wait as new BIOS' are put out and see if things become more stable. I too was have stability issues with the 1700X when overclocked btw.

derrickgott007
Miniboss

Did you do a complete system OS wipe and reload new when you built this rig?  I've been using the 1800x and 2 XFX GTR 8gb Black Edition RX480s in crossfire and it's fine.  But, I did a whole complete OS reinstall.   Some of the registry files from previous builds can cause problems.   So new OS install and New Radeon Drivers

red5
Challenger

His was a fresh build with all new parts.  The overclock was actually fine for gaming, but it locked up when benchmarking. Since we were having a LAN party we didn't put too much effort into troubleshooting at the time. (he was using Corsair water cooling, so heat wasn't a factor)

He also was using fairly generic RAM, and has since bought higher frequency DDR4.

Motherboard was the MSI Gaming Titanium.

We'll check it next time he's over. Maybe this weekend. Just typical growing pains with new architecture.

foxman150
Adept II

Yes, I did a fresh install with a brand new M.2 Corsair MP500 which I also have problems with, and a Samsung EVO 850 SSD. The M.2 like to not exist on fresh boots of the system so I have to keep restarting until viola it shows up like nothing was wrong in the first place. I really haven't trouble shooted the M.2 Issues.

0 Kudos