Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

savage8
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon Software Crimson Edition Q&A

I speak for all users with mobile GPUs (Switchable graphics, Enduro):

1. When will include Switchable graphics to "Radeon Settings"?

2. When "Dual Graphics" will include a "Radeon Settings"?

3. When will solve applications that refuse to use the dGPU?

Regards

0 Kudos
danco
Adept I

Hello boys.

1: Malfunctioning 3D profiles. Error occurred between Catalyst 12.3 to 12.4 when changing Crossfire profiles. This was flagged several times without changes.

2: Add up profiles, maximum performance, constant clock

3: After you restart your PC Crimson app does not remember a size

4: Change the font color of the tiles and black font on a white background (please, so be it may be possible to use but sometimes it hurts the eyes)

5: Allow own array of tiles in Game profiles

Thanks

Chipset drivers will remain as optional downloads on amd.com. - Radeon Software Crimson Edition Team

0 Kudos

Question: Are you going to imply "FPS control" to specific games, instead of having it globally?

Frame Rate Target Control does work on a game by game basis through the Game Manager in Radeon Settings. Simply click the game you would like to set a profile for to create it. - Radeon Software Crimson Edition Team

0 Kudos

Question: Will the "additional settings" be included in the Radeon Software Client in the future?

We are transitioning our old CCC functionality to the entirely new Radeon Settings. This is a very large task and as such we focused on the key functuinality for Crimson Edition and bringing the brand new UI to our end users as soon as possible. We will be fully transitioning to Radeon Settings in the very near future and moving all existing functionality out of CCC Slim. - Radeon Software Crimson Edition Team

Question: why is it that it defaults my custom msi afterburner oc settings to factory? Does it every power up.

AMD does not own third party overclocking utilities and as such we cannot make fixes or updates to those tools. We will definitely investigate if there is anything on our side to help these apps along but the best way to get support for these applications if you are an end user is directing the conversation to the third party tools websites for support. - Radeon Software Crimson Edition Team

0 Kudos
esmea
Adept III

You mentioned that the implementation of features during this transition from Catalyst to Radeon Software Crimson Edition is ongoing; how in-depth should we expect the power user settings to become? Can we anticipate Radeon Software Crimson Edition to provide a full-featured alternative to 3rd party tuning software? (e.g. MSI Afterburner, Trixx, ASUS GPUTweak)

It would certainly be great for a user to have (heavily disclaimered) control over the GPU that is on par to using AMD OverDrive/PSCheck with a CPU/APU, without the need for installing additional software that further bogs down startup times.

In its current form, navigating to OverDrive feels unintuitive - is the Gaming tab the right place? or does it imply too much that the settings will only apply while running a game?

0 Kudos

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 WHQL driver was released today. You can find the release notes here: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 

0 Kudos
pepilosss
Adept I

Please let us know when can we expect elite dangerous fix for supercruise with windows 10.

We've been waiting for months without any information. I buy amd since 10 years, my next card will probably be an nvidia to avoid getting no fix and no informations for months.

0 Kudos
pepilosss
Adept I

Please let us know when can we expect elite dangerous fix for supercruise with windows 10.

We've been waiting for months without any information. I buy amd since 10 years, my next card will probably be an nvidia to avoid getting no fix and no informations for months.

0 Kudos