Hey thanks for the reply. I am familiar with the Clean Uninstall Utility and have used it a few times. I just thought it would be nice to have a built-in check box option to perform an automatic uninstall before installing the new driver. I should have clarified that.
I would like to know some things.
1. When is amd going to fix texture flickering on some games?
2. When can we expect to be able to Overclock without game crashes?
3. Has AMD tested any new direct x 12 games with crimson drivers, if so, can we get some benchmarks?
4. Is crimson driver going to excel in dual GPUs and crossfire optimization better than CCC?
My most important wish: 4k-Downsampling for R9 290 (hawaii-chip). Pleeeeease
I have the power of 2 x R9 290 in my system and it would be great to use 4k-downsampling here.
My GPU was running at 96 degrees centigrade which is ~205 fahrenheit with 0% fan speed yesterday after upgrading to crimson. It's an MSI card and naturally I use MSI afterburner for fan control as I want to keep the card extra cool.
My question is why the default setting for fan control in the new Crimson software which is causing this fan control bug is *on* by default at the moment? Is this not the highest possible priority bug you could have with the software right now, a bug which will physically destroy the GPU?
I work in an agile development environment myself, if I pushed a bug that could physically destroy my users machines I wouldn't be doing anything other than fixing that issue, or disabling the feature that is causing it until a fix is possible. I don't understand what processes are in place that trump that kind of issue.
I'm a first time customer of AMD, this is not filling me with confidence, I'll be rolling back to the newest catalyst drivers this evening,
1) Will the next release of Crimson resolve the poor Direct-X 11 performance issues, causing the high CPU overhead in a large number of games?
2) Will AMD resolve poor and negative CrossFire-X scaling problems in games which have CPU intensive/dependant in-game locations? (See post #2): Radeon Software Crimson 15.11.1 Bug Report Thread
(What you see in post #2 applies to a wide range of games such as Mad Max, COD AW, AC Unity, FC4 and various others).
3) Will you fix the stuttering seen in open world games, when CFX is enabled? I know you've improved GTAV and TW3, but there are still various open world games suffering from resource stream stuttering when CFX is ON. Perfect example would be when riding the horse and carrige in AC Syndicate.
Can I just ask should the GPU usage issue be fix ? I only ask as I am using the latest version and I still see the gup % jumping up and down.
Will any future updates have integrated recording and streaming managed by AMD?
The AMD branded Raptr app is ok but its just another 3'rd party bloat-ware application that you really don't want, i would like it to be done and managed by AMD and integrated.