cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

kamdnl
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon Software Crimson Edition Q&A

Hey! Kudos on the Q&A, after this whole crimson debacle this personal touch was more than necessary. Anyways, on to my 2 questions;

-When will we be seeing a game streaming service (over the net, not LAN) from AMD, much like what the competition already has?

-I have an R9 290, thats running fine on the pre-crimson drivers, when will we see a more stable crimson release that I can update to (No downclocking, stuttering in games, no fan locks, etc)? and would I see noticeable perfomance gains?

Since buying my R9 290, It has aged like fine wine with drivers that have improved perfomance while slightly improving power efficiency as well, hope this trend continues!

-Happy Customer

0 Kudos
casodi
Journeyman III

Can we get per game colour control options?

0 Kudos
jamesc359
Miniboss

I hope my questions are all within reason.

1. Crimson still uses the old interface for some "Additional Settings". Will those settings eventually be updated to the new interface?
  2. Linux didn't get the new interface. What happened there and will we see the new interface on Linux any time soon?
  3. What was the reason behind using the Qt framework?
  4. Have you encountered any challenges working with Qt?
  5. For the next driver release what is the team going to be focused on? e.g. new features, bug fixes, performance improvements, etc.
  6. Everybody is always clamoring about improving driver performance. Going forward how much more performance is there left to be squeezed out of future drivers?
  7. Is there anything you can tell us about the next driver release?

Thank you to the whole Radeon Software Crimson Edition team for taking the time to answer my questions and thanks to erin.maiorino ​for her time and efforts here as well.

0 Kudos
mariotainaka
Journeyman III

1:Will VCE support ever be back for the R7 260X?

2::will you ever implement a toggle between low performance mode and high performance mode in future driver updates?as in some games this can be a bit of an issue,

3: will there ever be an adaptive vsync solution in future driver updates?

4: will the cpu driver performance ever be improved?

0 Kudos
gtuk
Adept I

Hi driver team!

Just a few quick questions:

1. Will Crossfire support when using multiple monitors be improved - specifically Crossfire usage in Windowed/Borderless applications/games?  It's currently not supported, and having to minimise a Full-Screen monitor#1 app to access apps on monitor#2 is damn inconvenient - Nvidia resolved this some time ago (I've recently switched from SLI to Crossfire).  This would hugely benefit Radeon users (and conversely your marketing) when streaming via Twitch or Youtube, as we currently have to disable Crossfire to ensure a consistent game stream alongside 3rd-party streaming apps.  Most streamers choose Nvidia because of this.
  2. Will the DX9-DX11 CPU overhead of your drivers be reduced anytime soon?
  3. Are there plans to improve the speed at which Crossfire support is added to applications and games, through driver updates, profiles, or patches in co-ordination with game devs?
  4. Are you developing a rival Crossfire technology to Nvidia's SLI VR?  Namely allocating each GPU to each eye?
  5. When is driver version 15.12 being released, and will it be fixing the 5 month old Supercruise bug in Elite Dangerous under Windows 10?

Best regards

0 Kudos
kr4k3n
Adept I

Hi,

1st Question : I was wondering if you guys are planning on improving the performance further for all new and older games, I would really love to see Fallout 4 running better on an AMD card when compared to an Nvidia card despite Nvidia's Attempt at making it Nvidia friendly only.

2nd Question : Do you feel that with Nvidia cooperating with a lot of new companies that are releasing games soon that this posses a threat on AMD and might result in an initial breakdown ? I'm not bias towards any but I'm using an AMD card and I prefer that AMD gets back up because I have made a choice to choose AMD over Nvidia hoping that you guys would have my back in terms of hardware and levels of expectations .. I hope I'm making sense here.

3rd Question : With all those bugs happening with AMD Crimson Software, how long do you feel you guys need before all or most of those problems are fixed ?

4th Question : Based on a lot of opinions AMD is lacking in terms of software due to lack of updates per game that comes out and so on, will we be seeing game changing updates that will optimize the drivers based on every new game that comes out ?

0 Kudos

We have heard a few reports of this issue and are investigating it. - Radeon Software Crimson Edition Team

0 Kudos

All uninstalls are considered clean uninstalls for Radeon Software. We also offer the AMD Clean Uninstall utility as an optional download for users who are having issues that are not being captured with their Radeon Settings or Catalyst Control Centre uninstall. - Radeon Software Crimson Edition Team

0 Kudos

My opinion? The Crimson Drivers are great!!! We are monitoring all feedback from end users and forums for issues so we can tackle them asap. - Radeon Software Crimson Edition Team

alejo_47
Adept I

Any plans on Including custom Fan Curves on Radeon Software? Would be absolutely useful, and would dismiss my need to use MSI Afterburner or other 3rd partie's Programs for overclocking, also fixing the issue I get when MSI afterburner will send games/applications to the background making me unable to play until I Alt-Tab again to the game, or making my 3DMark run be rendered useless because the window focus will be lost thanks to MSI Afterburner. More a Suggestion than a Question to be honest, but it still is a question