cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

Radeon Software Crimson Edition Q&A

Hello Red Team! For the next 72 hours, the Radeon Software Crimson Edition team is taking questions! Have a question about the functionality, features or support of Crimson? Ask us now and we will get you an answer within two days. Please note that only on-topic questions will be answered.

Ready...set...give us your questions!

UPDATE 12/18: Thank you all for asking great questions about Radeon Software Crimson Edition. Each and every one of your questions below have been passed on to the driver development team. Over the past few days we’ve received many inquiries for specifics fixes and requests for new features to be added. We would love to talk more details about what the future hold for Crimson, but we are not able to answer any questions about upcoming releases due to development roadmaps and timelines. We will continue to pass any new questions to the team and keep you up-to-date on any changes to the driver.

72 Replies
alejo_47
Adept I

Re: Radeon Software Crimson Edition Q&A

Could/Would an upcoming version of Radeon Software allow VSR on cards like the R9 280x to reach up to 4k on 1080p displays?

postcards
Adept II

Will we be seeing Freesync work in window mode anytime soon?

juno
Adept I

Are per-game refresh rates planned via the game profiles? This would be useful for my 144 Hz A-Sync monitor w/ a synced range from 35-90 Hz.

0 Kudos
dkizzy
Adept I

Are there any plans to incorporate a 'Clean Install' option into the install wizard? I believe this would eliminate the need for some users to rely less on DDU and other third party driver removal software for when some PC's do not cooperate with newer drivers.

juno
Adept I

Will we see (free-)synced video playback? Especially for 23.976.. fps videos this would be killer... eliminated stutering, no need of 3:2 pull down or whatever, just framedoubling, sync and go!

maceh
Elite

When are you going to fix the bug on desktop of R9 Fury?

company
Journeyman III

Is there a chance of Overdrive implementing a custom fan curve option, as well as displaying GPU clock values in raw numbers instead of percentages above/below the stock?

geekavenger
Adept II

Has any thought been put into SteamOS support, specifically some sort of controller friendly interface for tweaking settings from my couch?

0 Kudos
aufkrawall
Adept II

First question:

Could we please get an option to manually set the length of flip buffer queue for DirectX 9, 10 and 11 applications?

It's best when users have control about this, as the current solution is untransparent and sometimes not optimal. Nvidia has this option in the driver and it's popular.

Second question:

When can we expect CPU driver overhead optimization for DX11? In CPU limited scenarios, sometimes Nvidia is quite faster.