Asus X99-A II mobo

4 sticks DDR4 2400 4 gb (16gb total)

XFX R9 390 not oc'd

Corsair 110gt Water cooler AIO

x 3 120 mm case fans

1 480gb ssd

Thermaltake tough power 750w gold psu

Zalman z9 neo case

My question is.. Is the 750w psu i mentioned ok my my current build. And If i get x 2 polaris rx 480's what psu will i need. If i throw in another 390 what psu will i need

Like 1000w?. So far every thing seems to run ok. But i cant know if my graphics performance is hurt my low power with the 750w or not. hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iamthesaga
Miniboss

Re: need help

Jump to solution

I am running a R9 390x with an FX8370 w/ Wraith, SSD, 2 HDDs, 3 case fans all on a 600w PSU. Everything is running fine.  According to multiple tests and things like eXtreme Power Supply Calculator , I only need about 450w with a 550w+ recommended.  I don't know exactly where the 480 will fall for power but defiantly less.  More headroom is always nice.  Another thing to consider is what type of connectors your PSU has.  Do you have the cabling to handle another card?  I guessing you should.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
iamthesaga
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I am running a R9 390x with an FX8370 w/ Wraith, SSD, 2 HDDs, 3 case fans all on a 600w PSU. Everything is running fine.  According to multiple tests and things like eXtreme Power Supply Calculator , I only need about 450w with a 550w+ recommended.  I don't know exactly where the 480 will fall for power but defiantly less.  More headroom is always nice.  Another thing to consider is what type of connectors your PSU has.  Do you have the cabling to handle another card?  I guessing you should.

View solution in original post

redteam6
Elite

Jump to solution

yeah the power calculator says my rig only needs 488 under load. My psu comes with 2 connectors for gfx cards i guess im ok for the 480s.

guess im just nervous?

Load Wattage:488 W

Recommended UPS rating:900 VA

Recommended PSU Wattage:538 W

0 Likes
iamthesaga
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Putting another 390 on there might be pushing it as power hungry as they are.

0 Likes
redteam6
Elite

Jump to solution

ya im thinking like 850 or 1000x for cf 390s. but for 2 480s i think the 750 might be enough

general_kitten
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

well 1 rx 480 should take maxium of 150w because it cannot pull more out of system

redteam6
Elite

Jump to solution

pretty stoked about this! 150 x 2 = 300 watts ! less than the single 390 at load