Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

theminiondude
Adept III

My pc wont start the second time

This is my PC specs

AMD APU A10 6800k with radeon HD, 8670D IGPU. (RECENTLY ADDED SAPPHIRE NITRO RX 460 4GB)

RAM: 8Gb

MOTHERBOARD: GA-F2A55M-DS2 (REV1.2)

PSU: ADDED NEW PSU  EVGA 100-B1-0450-K3 Power Supply Unit - Black 450w

The problem is when i first start my pc it works fine i shut it down and when i try to start again its just not working. everything is one but there is nothing on the monitor. i check the other outputs using different cable but still wont work. btw i am using a DVD D to vga adaptor but that shouldn't matter because it works fine.

i realised that the 2nd time my GPU stops running for some reason. i checked the fan and it looks like the fans are not running and so i have to unplug the whole system and start again.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
tymkoijn1
Elite

Re: My pc wont start the second time

have you tried changing the gpu to a different slot?

benman2785
Big Boss

1. update ur bios
2. remove all overclocks (not from GPU - because that is tested factory oc)
3. check all connectors

-- i also had this kind of problems - was a GPU issue

PC: R7 2700X @4.1GHz + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
theminiondude
Adept III

only have one slot so yes i did!

0 Kudos
theminiondude
Adept III

how do i update bios? how do i remove overclocks? all the connectors are working perfectly fine!

0 Kudos
red5
Challenger

Did this just start after you added the new power supply? Or is that in bold because that's 1 thing you're tried to fix it?

theminiondude
Adept III

I added both at once but i am returning the gpu today!

0 Kudos
red5
Challenger

When troubleshooting always start with things that have changed recently, and replace them if possible.

0 Kudos
theminiondude
Adept III

i've just send my GPU away for return because i want to build a new pc if they dont take it and give me a replacement that is fine as well also i've contact my PSU company hope soon i am able to send that s**t away as well hopefully!

0 Kudos
red5
Challenger

Welcome to the world of PC building!!  Some issues can be very frustrating.... especially if you don't have extra parts lying around to use for testing. I guess I'm lucky in that regard. Best of luck to you. If nothing else, it's a learning experience.