Adept I
Adept I

Man what a great day for AMD

6 Replies
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Man what a great day for AMD

I great decade actually; I say decade because if you compare the periods before with 2017 and beyond, it's absolutely mind-blowing!

(I can't comment on the link you posted - that show is not my cup of tea)

ajlueke
Exemplar
Exemplar

The scaling on the infinity fabric is pretty impressive.  Gluing four core modules together seems to scale almost 100% in most applications and is invisible to the OS.  Impressive design that allows AMD to make consumer and server parts from a single design, rather than fad completely different parts the way Intel does.

maulemall
Adept I
Adept I

As to the Video I think that this particular group has been the most objective and the most appreciative of the gains from Ryzen and Threadripper.

They have been at the forefront in appreciation and touting of AMDs lineup.

I am of an age that the linuses and Jaz2cents are a little to sophomoric and immature for me to watch.

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

I definitely agree on the linuses/jays! I'd rather watch a rock grow than those 2. IF I watch a review video, I look for the technical details, no fluff, hype, or anecdotal BS talk. The one review I did watch was by Hardware Unboxed and that's mainly to compare his details with my own findings/benchmarks etc.

ajlueke
Exemplar
Exemplar

maulemall
Adept I
Adept I

Damn That's pretty amaizing...

I guess that the green team realizes that they are going to have to start working with AMD for Ryzen and Threadripper.