cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Low FPS with sapphire radeon rx 5700 xt nitro+ special edition

The Game Advisor in Adrenalin 2020 often reports total nonsense for Average FPS.
It is always on so if a game cutscene video runs at 30 FPS or alternatively a loading screen runs at 300FPS that gets counted.
So if you game crashes or you only run for a few minutes after launching the results are especially skewed.

Sometimes just using the Performance Overlay to display FPS degrades performance by a few percent.

Is the Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2 driver reporting the correct clocks for your card now?

Please post screenshots of the graphics settings you have used on CSGO. Please expand the Advanced Tabs.
Also please post a picture of all of the Graphics and Global Graphics and display settings you are using.
Also please post expanded view of the Tune Game Performance Tab.

I realize this may take many screenshots with the new Adrenalin 2020 interface but it is the only way to check your settings.

I can take a look at COD performance on RX Vega 64 Liquid if you show me the settings you are using.
It generally performs ~ as well as an RX5700XT if I overclock the HBM2 memory a bit.

I can also compare RTX2080 performance.

Others may be able to complare performance on their RX5700XT cards.

It may be that Nvidia cards run CSGO better in DX11 because they have a Multithreaded DX11 driver.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Correction : I can take a look at CSGO performance on RX Vega 64 Liquid if you show me the settings you are using...

0 Kudos
game_p
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So whenever I see the clock keeps changing. In my Nvidia Card the base core clock was 1600 Mhz and it never went below that. But this thing is playing with frequencies like it is meant to take care of its own well being first before actually giving me some good fps. I dont know maybe AMD thought I was an FQA Compliance tester or what rather than a gamer. I am almost having a heart attack now cuz the seller wont take this card back. I am literally crying right now while writing.

Anyways as you can see the settings are default and I dont know whether it has multiple BIOS or what. I have posted a screenshot below. Please have a look at them and I really appreciate you are looking into this sir. I am 30 year old grinder  But still crying

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

There is a picture of the BIOS switch here:

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition Review | TechPowerUp 

Sapphire made good use of that area by positioning their BIOS switch feature here. The second BIOS runs at reduced fan speed for a quieter experience. Please note that the BIOS switch supports three positions. From left to right, these are "default", "quiet", and "performance". With the default setting active, you are able to change the BIOS selection using Sapphire's TRIXX software. While the switch itself is instant, a reboot is required for the new BIOS to activate as the BIOS/driver only reads the BIOS during startup.

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Testing CSGO now with your specified display resolution and settings.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

CSGO Settings. I have FRTC turned on for the Nvidia Palit RTX2080 OC used as the GPU in this screenshot.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
game_p
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

If you are not a csgo pplayer then I must tell you that you need to enable console from game settings, then hit ` button and enter fps_max 0 to enable max fps

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Palit RTX2080 OC. CSGO Italy Deathmatch against BOTs. ~ 220 FPS outside. GPU running at stock but fan speed maxed out.
Ryzen 2700X running at 4.3GHz.
64GB RAM running at 3200MHz.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
game_p
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yes it is. but what am I supposed to do with this. My question is, is there any way I can keep the base frequency of this card at fixed 1840 Mhz which might give me constant 220-230 fps or maybe I should accept the fact that Nvidia is really the game changer, which might provide lower frequencies but is good with its CUDA cores and solid structure.

Seems like I will have to beg to the seller to take this junk of card back and give me a 2070 Super instead for some extra bucks. At least I will have a decent fps to play. Anyways thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

RX Vega 64 Liquid.
Undervolted and 0.5% GPU SCLK Overclock.
HBM2 running at 1120MHz.
Ryzen 2700X running at 4.3GHz.
64GB RAM running at 3200MHz.

I am getting 362 FPS on the RX Vega 64 Liquid.

pastedImage_4.png

Here are the game settings:
pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

As you can see I had to run the AMD RX Vega 64 Liquid at slightly higher resolution of 1280 x 1024 on DisplayPort versus 1280x960 on the RTX2080 OC on DisplayPort.

Since RX5700XT is supposed to be faster than RX Vega 64 I would expect your card to do better, however it is probably compared to RX Vega 64 reference at stock settings and not an HBM2 overclocked RX Vega 64 Liquid.

Note the resolution is so low the MCLK is sitting at 800 MHz though.

I am using Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 for the above test.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos