cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

jstomps
Journeyman III

Is there Value in waiting on AMD to value the GAMER again

Is there Value in waiting for AMD to figure out a way to make sure those of us that have stuck with them throughout

Am5x86, K-5 133, K6-3 550, Duron , Athlon 1400, 2200, 2800, Sempron 2200, Athlon64 2600, Athlon 64 x2 6000, FX4300, 6300, 8350, 8370. Ryzen7 2700x(2) Ryzen5 2500, Ryzen9 3900x

ATI/AMD graphics

Rage, Rage2, Rage 128, Radeon 9200, Radeon 9600 SE, Radeon X550, Radeon 800, Radeon X1600 XT, Radeon HD 2600 XT, Radeon HD 3650, All-in-Wonder 9600 XT, Radeon HD 4670, Radeon HD 5770, Radeon HD 6850, Radeon
R5 220, Radeon RX 480, Radeon RX 580(which died last year), Radeon RX 5700 XT (currently in my sons pc)

This in not a complete list but fairly close as too what I bought over the years and as a system builder at a retail store I made recommendations to customers and as the Store Tech I influenced the parts purchases based cost. Between the 2 roles a total a 7 years. 

It is looking like it is time to change teams. We will wait and see what becomes available for me at a reasonable price. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
weenan
Adept I

I feel you. I´m at the other end of the spectrum, totally new to gaming and am trying to get the parts to build my first PC. I´ts equally unfortunate that they might miss out on a new and pontentially future loyal customers.

But these are strange times and I´m sure AMD is not happy about the situation either.

0 Likes

Having worked the retail side there are ways that they as well as other company's can do thing to help out. It just feels like they don't really care. 

0 Likes
metala84
Journeyman III

I don't know what you want, but let me answer your question.

- There's no "value". Please change teams already. AMD doesn't owe you anything here, even if your coffee machine was also made by them.

Spaming the forums with your whinings amidst of a global pandemic and unprecedented silicone shortage, that will last for years, makes you not only entitled but also delusional. 

0 Likes

There is plenty of silicone available...

0 Likes

Care to elaborate and provide sources, colesdav?

It's widely reported that we're having a silicone shortage worldwide expected to last at least for 2021, probably even longer.

0 Likes

There is a silicon shortage.

There seems to be plenty of silicone available, just go watch any "Celebrity News".

@colesdav LOL 😂

0 Likes

@colesdav  touché! 😂

0 Likes