cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

thefuzz1542
Challenger

Is Asus Auto Tweak Setting My Voltage Way To High?

So I was messing around with my Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero today and I normally do my own overclocks and try to keep my VCore at or lower then 1.4v as I have read many times that 1.45v is where you can start to shorten your CPUs life. Well while exploring and playing around with some features I figured I'll try the Auto tweak feature on my mobo, what the hell? I wanted to see what it could do. Supposedly they're a lot safe then what they use to be, so figured I would give it a shot. I honestly thought it would only give a few MHz bump and pretty much wouldn't even be noticeable. Well it bumped my 1800X to 4.02GHz and VCore to 1.504! I mean it is stable and although temps are warmer then when I have it set to 3.89 GHz with its voltage around 1.4-1.45 the temps are not "Horrible". I got EK pump and blocks tied to a 360mm rad but the fact that auto tweak set the VCore to 1.504v has me scared a little. Is this normal? Have any one messed around with voltages in this range? I know it's not uncommon to push voltages for a short duration for record pushing but this is what Asus set it to for a "Daily Operation" profile. I have included a screen shot of a CPUID read out after pushing both CPU and GPU to saturate the cooling system and here are the voltages / heat.

Desktop 11-21-2017 5-50-02 PM-831.jpg

0 Likes
3 Replies
zealotki11er
Miniboss

Re: Is Asus Auto Tweak Setting My Voltage Way To High?

That is why it a Auto OC and should be avoided at all cost.

0 Likes
blazek
Miniboss

It's never recommended to use an Auto OC feature, whether it is via BIOS or GPU software, try to void that at all costs.

0 Likes
thefuzz1542
Challenger

thanks to the responses all. Yea that's what I was leaning towards and put in my own tweaks after making the post until I got some responses from some people. 1.5v just seemed to high for me.  Here are what voltages and temps look like with my tweaks

Desktop 11-22-2017 10-25-53 AM-564.jpg

0 Likes