cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

iraptor
Journeyman III

I need helpp , amd graphics card ...

HI i have a amd 230M and after driver update change to AMD hd 8500M , but in a game crashed the video card with this message "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" or "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" , pleaseeee i need help {ps. sorry for my bad english}

0 Likes
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can you give us the specs of the laptop, the model, brand and the OS please.
Please download DDU, clean the AMD driver you installed, download the ones that came from your laptop manufacturer drivers download page.
The latest AMD drivers you can download from the AMD site are not always compatible with all the notebook gpu.
Because the laptops use usually the drivers provided by the manufacturer.

0 Likes

My spec:

Windows 7 Home Premium X64

8 GB RAM DDR3

GPU AMD M230

CPU AMD A8 6410

PLEASE  HELP ME .. I USE AL DRIVERS FROM AMD AND FROM LENOVO WEB SITE ..AND NOT WORKING {ps. in JUST CAUSE 2 AMD M230 NOT  CRASHING.. BUT IN ANOTHER GAMES OR UNITY ..STILL CRASHING}

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please try to be a more specific on the steps you have already done.
Check also the laptop t° with a tool called HWinfo.

If it do not work it could be:
-A performance setting in the Radeon panel or in the windows power management, it works with some games but not others.
If it's a performance setting issue, i would try to setup either the Radeon game profile and the windows power plan on performance.

-A driver version issue.
If it's a wrong or outdated driver version, there is no other clean solutions than use DDU to clean the driver, then either install the one from Lenovo or as suggested semiconducktor​ let windows install the default ones using the update button in the task manager.

The good driver for your A8-6410 CPU from the AMD site for WIn7 64Bit is this one: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu/previous/detail?os=Windows+7+-+64&rev=17.2.1

0 Likes

today I reinstall the windows 8.1 and I install the lenovo drivers .. and not working .. please can you join me in the PC by teamviewer to configure it or something! I beg you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Imo it is not safe to proceed in this way, taking control of your computer remotely is not without risk, either for me or for you.
The forum i think provide help, extensive help if needed.

But I would not even remotely think to start taking the hand on your computer, please stop begging asking this kind of assistance.

I'm sorry, i'm glad to help if you proceed as anybody else with an issue.
Spend a bit of time trying and relaying precise informations that we could provide help for your gpu issue.

0 Likes

so in some games it goes, and in others the black screen is made

0 Likes

but only on the dedicated video card, the integrated all games works

0 Likes

what to do

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

First, please avoid to use capital letter like that, it does not help you further.

Second if the issue is the switchable graphic card, you can check here: Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

Or here for old driver versions: Troubleshooting Switchable Graphics issues under Windows® 10

Third, be sure that your laptop general power power plan is setup to performance. Be sure to dug into the power plan setting and check for the switchable graphic option.
The latest should be on performance mode to maximise the chances to use the discrete gpu instead the integrated.

0 Likes

ok , its on High performance

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here a youtube video that resume the whole how to: How to Enable AMD Dual Graphics Technology in Crimson Relive 17.7.2 - YouTube
-Enable the Dual graphics
-Enable the Performance Mode for each single game, software.

The performance profile in windows should also be selected.
Being careful to check if there is any further switchable graphic option, in the power plan settings.

This if you got the right driver to work with, it should be similar with the old Crimson edition of the drivers, maybe the options are placed in other ways.
If you do not have the right driver, use DDU unless you find the one that fit the laptop specs.

Hope it help, i finished the ideas. ^^

0 Likes

i make this , and now ... i found this error "display driver stopped responding and has recover"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Sincerely i do not know.
I mean, this pop-up could mean anything, from the gpu's being faulty, or the driver, or the os, or the the laptop power supply, etc.

I would as always check everything step by steep:
-Is the laptop in good shape, overheating, have bad/weak power supply?
-Have i installed a good clean version of windows and allowed the OS to fully update itself to the last version?
-Have i installed the drivers correctly updated if possible, cleaning with DDU before installing the new APU drivers, in your case?
-Have i installed the other drivers correctly, updated if possible?

Then follow the work on the drivers i explained above, when everything is installed properly.
It's hard to guess what, where is the issue, where it come from, with the only few informations you relay.
I can simply give you general guidelines, deciphering your words as a detective. ^^

0 Likes

Now when a game starts, my screen turns black

0 Likes

you can enter in my laptop{using supermo etc.} and install the drivers ... pleseeee

0 Likes

Begging a stranger to take control of your PC is NOT a way to get help.  You need to help us help you. It has been asked several times to list everything you have done. You have provided basic specs but no model number.  You may think this isn't important but it is.  What other software have you installed and is running right now?  Are you torrenting programs that could be infecting your PC?  Were you having issues BEFORE you updated drivers?  Why did you update the drivers?  Have you tried to use the drivers you were using prior to all the issues?  Some laptops will only work with the OEM supplied drivers.  You may want to try DDU in safe mode to remove all traces of the current driver then install the Lenovo recommended drivers.

0 Likes
semiconducktor
Journeyman III

go into device manager and find your graphics card under display adaptors and right click and select update driver. Some of the lower end AMD laptop chips don't work with AMD's auto detect system. It should at least repair the issues with game crashes.

0 Likes