cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

nomadskid
Adept II

Re: HP Envy featuring The 6th Gen FX-8800P

Not to say that it's a bad laptop. It's wonderful for the everyday user. Just not for Power users.

warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Agreed. I'm just frustrated that HP consistently do things like hobble the RAM configuration (slow RAM, and not using dual-channel configurations... 6 GB may sound great but mixing sticks of 2 and 4 will make it run in single-channel mode), not replacing hard drives with SSDs, and skimping on the cooling, absence of Freesync, etc.

A good laptop could have been great...

0 Kudos
nomadskid
Adept II

Post updated with benchmark results, I had them posted on Twitter but forgot to update the post

0 Kudos
sgtbilko
Miniboss

And then that Laptop would cost alot more.....

This isn't the only Carrizo laptop to exist and it does what it's meant to do in its price range.

tkholley5822
Journeyman III

I realise this is old news, it's been 6 months and it's too bad the 15w laptops are everywhere. The OEMs reuse carrizo-I boards so most are single channel and capped at 1600mhz (b/c of tdp) the only 35w I've seen so far was Lenovo y700 (TOO BIG) but it had a dgpu . I'd like a 15inch 35watt with the correct ram speeds and it would be awesome. As it is now I'll just wait till 2nd half to see what green's got going for them and pay a bit more.

0 Kudos