cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

nomadskid
Adept II

Re: HP Envy featuring The 6th Gen FX-8800P

Expect results today bud. I'm charging it up and then I'll run all of the stuff you want to see. What exactly do you want me to run?

0 Kudos
ronin1109
Adept II

Yes, B&O is a really top notch company. They were/currently being used as an option in several Audis.

0 Kudos
solidmgsnake
Journeyman III

How would this laptop be for heavy photo and video editing? Im taking digital media courses and work on a lot of media. This old Llano A8 laptop im using is just terrible. Also, can the ram be upgraded and support higher speeds?

0 Kudos
sgtbilko
Miniboss

Oh the usual i guess, Cinebench, Realbench, HWBot Prime maybe Geekbench 3 and maybe 3DMark Cloudgate or Ice Storm Unlimited as well?

0 Kudos
nomadskid
Adept II

I've been doing photo editing and it's really easy on the Laptop, no crazy waits. but I'll  check out on video editing for you! Carrizo has a 2133Mhz Memory bus, so the Ram should be upgradable. Plus since this is an APU I would recommend gettiing the fastest RAM possible. I'm going to try to install an SSD and Upgrade the RAM, so that I can come back to this review with updated results.

0 Kudos
nomadskid
Adept II

You got it. I'll do those today after University. Expect Results in around 6 or 7 hours.

0 Kudos
nomadskid
Adept II

I've been watching a ton of movies lately on the Laptop, and this sound is pretty awesome. I love these speakers, they are a bit heavy in the mid, which makes the bass sound lacking and the treble gets a bit swallowed, but I think that has to do with the fact I have it on a cloth surface.

0 Kudos
tomfx
Adept I

I agree with Nomadskid, RAM speed is more important for an APU (if you use the on chip Graphics), since the Graphics on chip (APU) uses DDR3 ram (compared to DDR5 ram for a separate Graphics card - which is much faster) So a slow ram will not only slow down the processor, but also the Graphics. Secondly a sad thing is that 8800p can be lowered down to 15W (which this HP model has done) instead of it´s max 35W. Now for some people surfing & Writing, the 15W won´t matter, but for video editing (and gaming) etc you might really want the about 30% speed gain that the 35W has over the 15W model.

If you aren´t a HP fan, then wait for some other to put out the 8800p with 35W Power. Also faster (max 2133 mhz) ram will help. Thirdly I would recommend an SSD instead of a slow 5400rpm hd. For gamers I would want a separate GOOD Graphics card (not one i dual Graphics which slows down the Graphics card!!!)

TBH, the 8800p is a good midrange apu, but put in a bad build like this HP, there aren´t many arguments to buy it.

I might buy one 8800p but not if the builds will be this weak!

0 Kudos
nomadskid
Adept II

I'm currently in the process of getting the parts required to upgrade the laptop. You said everything that I've said to everyone else. Thank you for the awesome input!

warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Yes, shame on HP for hobbling what could potentially be a great laptop.