Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

angelo18
Adept II
Adept II

How to record HDR content with Re:live

hi everyone.

I recently got a vega56 and an hdr monitor, but when I record the desktop or gameplay or videos. i cant seen to record hdr with re:live. the recorded videos end up looking with washed out colors.
is there something i need to download , or do to be able to record hdr content .

i hope im clear lol

thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
37 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to record HDR content with Re:live

Hello,

Not sure Relive is working as intended.
Did you checked which screen options are available in the Radeon setting, into the display tab?
Please report your issue also here: AMD Issue Reporting Form
Thanks

0 Kudos
angelo18
Adept II
Adept II

yes i did , no matter which one i selected it , i get the same result.
but the windows dvr option works fine

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Gotcha, you can try to disable the windows DVR to check if it conflict with Relive.
You can use tool called DDU and clean your actual AMD gpu drivers, i suppose you are running the latest 18.9.1, then revert drivers version to older ones.
If the issue disappear with older drivers versions, it mean the new ones have an issue with Relive and HDR.
If even older drivers exhibit the same issue at this point dunno, maybe try also another video output, cable.

0 Kudos
angelo18
Adept II
Adept II

mmm
no windows dvr was disable until I decided to try it .
no i been having that problem since i got the monitor , i already did a clean install too

Ni No Kuni II - Game play - YouTube 
in that video shows how the colors look .

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Unfortunately aside the usual test and check, i'm not really into HDR monitors, so i couldn't help you to pinpoint the issue precisely.
It's true tho the colours seems washed out or more like pastels.
Did you tried other games, same behaviour?

0 Kudos
angelo18
Adept II
Adept II

yes is on every game.
but re:live works fine when HDR is disable , which is annoying

i try different settings , like enchance sync off , ftcr off , chill off , same result

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yep, if the beahvior is the same with other games and other basic settings, i would suppose something is not working properly.
Tho i'm not sure where the issue is since i have only poor knowledge on the matter, if it's a Relive and a drivers issue or a configuration setting issue somewhere.
I have to admit, often when i encounter issues with Relive, i never really know if it's the driver or my rig.
AMD report bug and issues as anybody else, but often these get reported if affect a huge user base.

The new 18.9.2 are out, you can DDU and clean install the new drives to check if it changed something.
Wish you good luck with your issue.

0 Kudos
angelo18
Adept II
Adept II

I did DDU and install the newest driver.

The same issue,  I wonder if the issue is the monitor

0 Kudos
benman2785
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

GitHub - GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/AMF: The Advanced Media Framework (AMF) SDK provides developers wi...
ask there if its an AMF Problem, a Driver Problem or not intended

i think HDR is not yet intended - because it would add latency to encoder
x264 hdr needs 10bit - white normal x264 needs only 8bit

but ask there - he is the dev for AMD AMF

PC: R7 2700X @4.1GHz + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Kudos