cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

logainofhades
Adept I

Re: How to buy Midnight Black RX 6800 XT

I also got the stupid access denied, in chrome, on my work PC. This crap only happens at work. My home PC never gets it. It showed up a couple times, as being in stock, but the add to cart button was broken, again... AMD really needs to fix their system. 

Ajwag22
Adept I

It's a 6800 XT with a black rather than silver shroud. Same msrp and looks better in my opinion.

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

OK I see. 
https://www.neowin.net/news/all-new-amd-rx-6800-xt-midnight-black-edition-reportedly-launching-today...

It is an RX6800XT, painted black, for "The AMD Red Team".

Right. 

"This is an exclusive advance notice to members of the AMD Red Team community and this offer has limited availability, while supplies last."

How many did they make?
10?

toasttheoriginal
Adept III

Another fail by AMD, I get the feeling they don't care about the Red Team.....  The best solution I have heard and thought of is to make it exclusive and have use sign into amd Red team and purchase that way to make sure that only red team members get this and also limit purchase to 1 or 2.   My wife is in desperate need of a card she is on a 7870 so this would have been perfect..  But once again a no go for this family.. 

0 Kudos
Ajwag22
Adept I

Haha well I'm sure there were more then 10 but even if they made and released 100 it would have sold out in a minute.

0 Kudos
gerfmarquez
Journeyman III

I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first one to click "Add to Cart" but it still said "Product could not be added to cart"... several times...

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

If they cared about "The Red Team" they would: 

(A). Get the latest set of 3DMark Performance Tables up on this website again and get people producing new benchmark numbers on RX5950X + RX6900XT Combos to take on Nvidia.

The last set of tables were dropped when the old forum transferred over to this one. 

I know because I hammered everyone elses benchmark numbers, before the RX6000 series were launched.

(B). The GPU would have been painted Red, not Black. 

(C) Please increase the photos limit from 1000, I cannot post any new builds or CPUz/GPUz and pictures of 3DMark Fire Strike / Time Spy Numbers. 

Having said that... I am not on the "Red Team"...

AMD are probably more interested in the Reddit Team these days.

bigtroll
Adept I

Yup Ive had no luck page was a tease, kept coming back in stock then out. I also tried to get in on the 4/2 drop but no luck there either.

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

Maybe it was just a marketing campaign?

wim-bart
Adept III

So when it was exclusive to the red team, the red team has scalpers among them. Because I already did see an offer of someone at eBay who has 2 cards to order for approx 1400$ per card.