cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

toasttheoriginal
Adept III

Re: How can you call this launch "Exclusive". A call for a change, by AMD!!!

Yes all that is correct, I have been to a few online events and the "Red Team" twitch streamers and others do get the hardware free, some of the reviewers get to keep the hardware others do not..  I have been around for the last 3-4 yrs so I have seen this.  

I have tried in the past and with influence with someone on the team and I still was not able to get picked for review samples,  which is fine by me, I'm sure they had their reasons..

My point is go for it if you want to stream or even do reviews for the hardware, it is very competitive and your Youtube #s need to be very high!!  Also my channel is not for sale and I will review a product honestly and take no bribes or be influence in any way..  If I like it I like it, if it performs crappy or good I will say so..  I believe that is the way to make better products and keep the public informed..  

0 Kudos
harley
Adept I

The storefront changed briefly at 8 PST. Looks like the bots scooped up the micro drop.

0 Kudos
toasttheoriginal
Adept III

This post is about waking up AMD and their higher up saying that the community that they so belovedly love, us the Gamers, should be doing everything they can, which they are not not doing anything reasonable to help us. It is a joke with how they are handling this situation compared to others.. Example EVGA steps https://www.techradar.com/news/cant-buy-an-nvidia-rtx-3080-evga-has-a-plan-to-help-beat-the-bots, at least they are trying to do something to make things fair for the gamers /purchasers ...  The actions that AMD have take are the lamest attempts at anything I have ever seen, Ive been on this earth for 51yrs and have seen a lot..  To just send out and email, that anyone can use and or engage with, really..  This shows me there is no interest for us at all just there bottom line.

It is funny how you have not mention the bots which I have seen extensively being the problem for the most part, and yes the miners are not helping..  These two factors bring up the price for 2 reasons greed from the bot operators and the demand from the mining.   

I believe as long as the demand is there, which I do no see going down any time soon because the gamers demand will stay high for a good amount of time , and will stay there because the greedy sellers are going to keep the prices at ridiculous amounts.  Yes they will try to keep the prices high as possible and if it is worth there time they will keep their shenanigan's going and we will suffer from it...

I am hopeful that your perfect scenario does happen, sooner than later  I am definitely not holding my breath.

dreamquest
Adept I

Right at this moment theres alot of cards available on the AMD site but when you click add to cart it does'nt get added. If you click on the cart it says service unavailable. What the heck is going on. Its like its being blocked

Tags (1)
toasttheoriginal
Adept III

I tried as well sounds like bots took them again, just a guess.  The way AMD is doing this is really stupid its like throwing money at a situation with out a solution therefore being a wasting of money..  Its like they think they are going to saturate the market..  🙄

dreamquest
Adept I

Its really weird. Theres a processor still available and its the only thing left in stock but you cant even get that into a cart. Also when you click on the cart itself it says site is having technical difficulties and were working hard to fix it. Something like that.

0 Kudos
toasttheoriginal
Adept III

it because of all the bots and people spaming the site..  I they would just do a que system like I mentioned above or like EVGA there would not be a problem....  That is what this post is trying to encourage AMD to do but they refuse to, therefore people have to waste there time and efforts to get something that should not be so difficult to get..

weenan
Adept I

The store is a joke... buggy as hell.

AMD really needs to rip up the contract with whoever they have running the store.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

Bring back the AMD bikes!

wim-bart
Adept III

Currently nothing in the shop at all.