cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

os2wiz
Elite

How AMD screwed themselves and their enthusiast customers

I have been buying AMD cpus and gpus for many years now. But they have destroyed any brand loyalty I had for them since they bent over and gave 90% of their 7nm TSMC silicon wafers to console production for PlayStation 5 and Xbox.  That is one hundred per cent of the reason that I and millions of other enthusiasts can not buy a 5000 series Ryzen cpu or a 6000 series gpu. AMD has produced well over 6.3 million apus for consoles and only a bit over 1 million 5000 series cpus , Can't buy an RX 6800 XT gpu or a Ryzen 5900X cpu though I have the funds available for months now.  AMD is not transparent with us about this SUPPLY issue. They took on far many deals with APU's than they could handle and still efficiently produce sufficient  cpu and gpu customer demand. They should have built the apus on Samsung 6 or 5nm mode so they would have sufficient TSMC 7nm wafers for enthusiast customers. Instead they allocated 90%of their silicon wafers for lower margin gaming consoles and screwed us over. I do NOT have the words I can say publicly to describe my utter contempt for Lisa Su's arrogance  towards us and empty platitudes she is throwing our way. The situation will not get significantly better in the second quarter. I really hope Intel makes a quantum leap in their discreet gpu performance, so that in the next year I will vote wit my dollars to punish AMD for their short term stupdity with SONY and Xbox by tying up t he vast majority of their 7nm wafers from TSMC at lower profit margins than they would have gotten by selling its production to their Ryzen 5000 series and RX 6000 series cpu and gpu enthusiast customers. 

19 Replies