cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

jmalukker
Adept II

FX9590 Temperature ISSUE Corsair H115i

Hi I was wondering of you guys could help me with some Suggestions.

At this point I run a AS-Rock 970A-G/3.1 even with Liquide cooling I got some serious Temp issues.

The Socket Temp reach in Base clock more than 80 degrees until Thermal throttle. I use at this point

the Corsair H115i with Two fans at this point. (go to upgrade it too 4). But serious wondering of that will solve the

Issue. In the meanwhile I burned of at least Damaged the board since I get some rare readings sometimes, and socket temps

not always show anymore.

The Amusing think is that my Phenom X6 1090t on 1.55 on a OC of 4.2GHZ had much cooler Socket temp MAX 55.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
spinalfailed
Challenger

Re: FX9590 Temperature ISSUE Corsair H115i

You really really really shouldn't be running the 9500 series on a 970 board.  There are some that claim they support it but they really aren't designed for a 220watt CPU.

staggeredsix
Elite

Yeah spinal is right. There's only certain of boards that will actually run that CPU properly.  Even some 990fx boards shouldn't run it. You're going to need some serious VRMs for that puppy. I'd highly recommend under clocking the chip down to like 4.5 and dropping the voltage in order to make sure it doesn't asplode the chip or the board. I know this from experience. That's why I have two 9590s. One is roasted from a motherboard that couldnt take the beating.

jmalukker
Adept II

The only Reason why I bought this one because it said it Support 220w CPU, even in the Manual it says that it will support the 9x series +64GB ram.

But because I was not shure of change of the Board will solve the Issue, I was asking the Question here. What Board you would advise?

I was reading about the ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z even thougt to buy that instead of the 970 but chose at the point for the AS-Rock because it`s allow 64gb ram, also i was reading that some ppl have issues with the Asus as well.

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

jmalukker​ The Crosshair V Formula-Z is what I ran mine on - it was at the time one of the few (or first) to actually support the 9x series. The next board was the Tuff series (2.x and up). To be honest since the CVFZ is still a bit on the high side, I would almost recommend looking at one of the R5 options. I'm sure others will have better recommendations - the above is just from hands-on experience with both the CVF-Z and the 9590.

Edit: The reason I recommended the new Ryzen R5 options is that it will almost cost as much to buy a new AM3+ board to support your 9590 as it would to get an R5 AND compatible motherboard. It may be just a tad bit more expensive as you'll also have to get memory but in the end, with the lower TDP AND more efficient/higher performance you will still end up ahead. Both in energy savings AND performance.

benman2785
Big Boss

MSI 990FXA-GD65 or GD80; Gigabyte 990FX-Gaming; ASUS Crosshair V Formula

these are the ONLY boards i would use with the 9590

PC: R7 2700X @4.1GHz + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
jmalukker
Adept II

I have set the CPU now to 4.5ghz on 1.46v and yes some of the Sensors are back .

However since I do not like run in underclock I will buy a 990 Board end of the month.

But lookingin my Store there do not have the ASUS Crosshair V Formula anymore

How about this one ? ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 990FX

jmalukker
Adept II

Iàm afraid the R5 would be enough Run a stream 24/7 with 5 online sources that need to be processed. 1700 of 1800 would do the Job. but cost more than I can afford at this point.

tymkoijn1
Elite

If you are streaming to 5 sources then you are better off just getting an R7 or running a Dual computer setup. I had trouble running 2 concurrent streams even on my 9590. either you can get the R7 line cpu or you can go with the R5 and use the 9590 purely for encoding the stream. I know your looking into the motherboards to handle it but with 5 different streams you are better off investing into an R7 or adding a second computer

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

to add to your (tymkoijn1) recommendations (exactly what I was thinking too), is to also look into restream.io to keep your stream count low. In his case to keep the costs down, I'd probably go with the R5 and use the "old" system for encoding.

0 Kudos