cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

voltara13
Journeyman III

Freese videocard

Acquired card Asus R9 380 OC 2Gb, to replace the Asus R9 270. The new card is why - the frieze. FPS assume 60 shows , but where - it slows down for a split second , and it turns out is not pleasant (especially in shooters ) . Friesen in all the games I tested , namely : Battlefield 4 , GTA V, ARMA III. In FurMarke shows a temperature of 72 degrees. (Sorry my English).

CPU: i5 - 2500k

GPU: STRIX-R9380-DC2OC-2GD5-GAMING

Mother Board: AsRock z68 pro3 gen3

RAM: Corsair XMS 1600MhZ 4Gb (x2)

HDD: 1Tb Seagate 7200 Barracuda 7200.12 Cache 64Mb

Power Supply: Chieftec 650W

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jochemr
Adept I

Re: Freese videocard

I'm not exactly sure what you mean: is your game stuttering (low framerate for a splitsecond) or does it permanently freeze (=stop working)? Also what driver version are you currently using?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
voltara13
Journeyman III

Videocard stuttering. Driver 16.1.1. Windows 10

0 Kudos
jochemr
Adept I

Play some games with MSI Afterburner running in the background. Check your clockspeeds after a while: if they are low bouncing all over the place you may have to install a program to keep your GPU from downclocking (check this Reddit thread for mor information: Tool to block Crimson from downclocking ( Clockblocker ) : Amd )

I also had a similar issue, you can check out that thread too: Fallout 4 downclocking 

0 Kudos
voltara13
Journeyman III

Tested , the frequency does not jump . But the GPU load jumps. Thanks for the answer!

0 Kudos