cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

wrath_101
Journeyman III

Dual monitor RX 580

I have a Raedeon RX 580 8GB.I am trying to hook up 2 x Asus 144hz monitors but only one monitors goes to 144hz the other can only go to 60hz. When I change the settings on second monitor to 144hz it just goes black. Any help and advice will be highly appreciated. Both monitors are connected via DP cable.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sustache
Journeyman III

Re: Dual monitor RX 580

Not sure about then but in mar 2021 i fixed this by opening radeon settings making a custom resolution at 144 (because duel 165 didnt work) and turning off amd freesync and amd tesselation. Not sure if its all necessary but i went to advanced display settings turned it up hertz to 144 for both and its sticking.... Even getting a consistent 144 fps in vermintide with high graph sett

0 Kudos
wim-bart
Adept III

I did run 2x AOC 1440p 27" with 144Hz on a RX580 for months. But higher then that resolutions I would not go with an 580. And they did run perfectly fine.

I had one issue with it though, one driver did reset the monitor capability to 1440p/60Hz max. Solved it by create a custom setting of 1440p/144Hz.

0 Kudos
BlkDrgn28
Adept I

I had that same problem when I hooked up my 2nd monitor with HDMI cable, once I swapped that out with a Display port cable I immediately was able to get to 144hz, so I would try that.

0 Kudos
wim-bart
Adept III

I am had the issue with 2 equal monitors both on Displayport. Somehow Windows did not know it supported that resolution. Was an easy fix, and I still think it was an Windows 10 1903 issue.

0 Kudos