cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

Re: DirectX 12: Q&A with Robert Hallock

Put a fork in it, the DirectX 12 Q&A is now closed! If you want to find out more about DirectX 12, check out our site: DirectX 12 Technology

Huge thank you to rhallock​ for taking the time out of his busy schedule to join us on the Red Team forum and answer questions!

jamesc359
Miniboss

Thank you for your time and for answering our questions.

warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Many thanks rhallock​ and erin.maiorino​ for this!

akariko
Adept III

I missed it, my brother in law came by for a visit

0 Kudos
semitope
Adept II

How hard would it be for developers to take advantage of asynchronous compute? I ask because the argument is often made that market share would affect the adoption of features that only benefit AMD. With a game that already uses compute in its design, would it be a relatively simple task?

Also what is up with Fable legends? what level of Asynchronous compute is used? More or less than Ashes of the singularity? How much of a performance boost could we expect with greater usage?

0 Kudos
eazydozer
Adept III

What do you think about Hybrid/Multi GPU (not in the same family or even manufacturer, RGB) rumors with DX12?
If it is possible, will AMD keep their usual open standards and provide game developers support for Multi GPU setups?

Has AMD tested this at all?

0 Kudos
abhishek_myth
Adept III

Oops i am late ! My question was I want to know How DX 12 and UE 4 can collaborate towards new game, why everyone is saying DX 12 will use less overhead despite it beings higher than DX 11 ?

0 Kudos
erenhardt
Adept II

rhallock​, iamdak​, Would love to see that happening. There are a lot of integrated GCN cores waiting to be used. Can't wait to see the benefits and test it myself.

0 Kudos
libastral
Journeyman III

AMD's Arctic Islands GPU's will be based on a new, post-GCN architecture. It's not a tweaked Fury, there are lots of major changes, so I expect way better DX12 support.

0 Kudos

Just a reminder that the Q&A is closed.

With so much interest surrounding DirectX 12, would you be interested in having a second Q&A about the API? I can't promise that we will be able to have one, but I can look into it!