cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Did anybody manage to snag an RX 6000 series card?

I couldn't get my hands on one, all were sold out - sadly!

To those who got one, post some pics! 

84 Replies

I have a friend that camped out to get a card and was second in line at our local Micro Center. He got a 6800xt. He said they only had 2 of those and 6 6800's. So pretty slim pickins. However this IMHO is where AMD screwed up they should have let AIB cards come out on the same day like Nvidia did. I know by cotrast our local Micro Center had over 3080s at launch I know several people who got them. Hopefully the AIB launch for the 6800 series will be closer to those numbers on the 25th. 

0 Likes
Kalistas_82
Adept III

well, i "kinda" got my order in directly at AMD and even got the order confirmation mail with all the details but since then its still "processing" the order 😕 - will take a while i guess

0 Likes
Bvdot0
Journeyman III

Yep, snatched the no XT ,  cards were up for good 5-10 mins.

marcchoi1998
Adept I

I went the my local microcenter 16 hours before release and I saw 10 people on line. I knew i wasnt getting one lol

My friend went to our local Micro and they only had 8. The manager there apparently would not tell the people after the first 8 in line they would not be able to get one. I guess AMD frowned on letting consumers no that, or it was some corporate retail rule. No idea why. However he said the manager asked the first few if they would be happy getting either the 6800 or xt and told the rest the they would likely be disappointed if they too waited. So that was pretty nice. I remember waiting over 20 years ago for a release that had the line around the building and I waited for 12 hours to have the guy in front of my get the last card. 

Some retailers in the past would hand out right to purchase vouchers to those in line waiting first. To me they should all just still do that. 

There are a lot of ways to handle sales than what has been done this go around.