Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Dead Star Steam Early Access Code Giveaway

deadstarlogo.jpg

Greetings my fellow Red Teamers! PAX South wrapped up yesterday and I know not everyone has the time or resources to make it to events like this, so I have a little something for those that weren't able to attend. Dead Star is a new twin-stick multiplayer space shooter that I had a blast (bad pun) playing at the convention this past weekend and I figure there are at least a couple of you out there who will enjoy it as much as I did.

I have two codes for those of you who meet the requirements of the giveaway:

• Your rig must be posted in the rig showcase and you must have a Radeon GPU.
  • Like Dead Star on Facebook.
  • Follow Dead Star on Twitter.
  • Tweet a photo of your rig and describe your excitement for playing DeadStar on AMD Radeon: "Stoked for @deadstargame on my @AMDRadeon!" for example.
  • Link to your tweet here in a reply to confirm your entry.

Keep in mind that this game is designed for a twin-stick controller so you should really have one. I've found a cheap used XBox 360 controller works quite well.

Entry will close Friday 2/5 at midnight CST. I'll pick the two winners at random and announce them Monday 2/8 or earlier. Good luck!

8 Replies
blazek
Miniboss

Re: Dead Star Steam Early Access Code Giveaway

The game looks awesome, reminds me of an old game I used to play called Subspace continuum

0 Kudos
warpfact0r10
Forerunner

I missed that one, but the farming is similar to Sinistar, But that is definitely showing my age.

There are a bunch of different ships/weapon types in this however, and even NPC ship control, which can be really helpful!

warpfact0r10
Forerunner

A couple other things:

• The codes are also redeemable on PS4.

and

• The game is crossplay! PS4 and PC are able to play online together. w00t!

0 Kudos
tasnx3
Adept I

This finally made me fill out the rig form (apart from the fact that last time i tried the form was broken). I've been watching this game a little bit (joined their forums and everything) and it seems pretty nice, reminds me of what could have been a modern day Armada (from dreamcast), one of my favorite games. Thanks for the contest!
https://twitter.com/atticus14/status/694713711521562624

warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Awesome! The odds are definitely in your favor to win one of those codes at this point.

warpfact0r10
Forerunner

A nice write-up on the game:

Armature's 'Dead Star' on PS4 & PC Is So Good It Sheds a Positive Light on MOBA Mechanics

"Through an unholy marriage between twin-shooter and MOBA mechanics, and a willingness to make the game worth playing (rather than mired in micro-transactions), Armature Studios may have cracked the code, so to speak. I have dabbled in a half dozen different MOBAs, and I've had some specific popular MOBAs explained to me in full. Nothing has really ever taken hold beyond maybe a few interesting moments.

That changed with 'Dead Star.'"

blazek
Miniboss

warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Ladies and germs, we have our winners! Congratulations to tasnx3@gmail.com​ and blazek​!

Look for your codes via private message which I will send out shortly. Game on!

0 Kudos