cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

kendoosha
Adept I

Custom Resolution Issues

Hello, I have a PowerColor Radeon RX 5700XT and a Ryzen 7 3700X and I am having issues setting my custom resolutions. I want to set my resolution to 1798x1080 @ 144hz but it only lets me do 120hz, even though I can still do 1920x1080 at 144hz. When I go anything above 120 on this res, or any other custom res, it says it isnt compatible. I have tried super resolution, gpu scaling, setting the timing standart to CVT, changing the timing display width to the same as my resolution width, I have tried on my other monitor, and I can't seem to get it to work. Anyone have any solutions? My monitor is the AOC C24G1. 

2 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Seems to be a Windows 10 issue

In Windows 10, go to Settings (Win+I) > System > Display > Scale and layout > Resolution. There is some list of resolution.

To find more resolution setting, Scroll down, click on Display adapter Properties. You can see this window (this may vary if your display driver is different).

From there select List All Modes. There you can find many other Resolution options.

0 Likes

you can try a common utility for creating custom resolutions. It often works when the tools in Windows and the graphics driver do not.  Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) 

0 Likes