cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

ey3z
Adept I

Bios 2605 and 19.8.1 update

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with these 2 updates?  I updated my Asus ROG Strix B450-F board to version 2605 and my 5700xt drivers to 19.8.1 yesterday.  I'm having trouble with loading Wattman and not registering stats, nor can I upload my Wattman Profiles.  I usually have my sound connected to my Headset and DAC, but I didn't feel like wearing the headset today.  It's not even acknowledging that my monitor is connected for an output source of sound.  The display works though and I can still use my headphones so that is no biggie.  Just thought I'd throw it in there.

Asus ROG Strix B450-F mobo

Ryzen 5 3600

XPG D60G (2)8gb 3600mhz

5700xt GPU

Windows 10 pro (64 bit)

IF any other specs are needed, let me know

3 Replies
ey3z
Adept I

I presume to think that it has to do with ASUS pulling PCIe 4.0 compatibility from certain pre X570 motherboards...   No good, bad business.  Especially after putting the information out that certain boards would be compatible during launch!!! Explains why I'm having so many issues now.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Please tell me I just misunderstand.

0 Likes
ey3z
Adept I

Well, I got rid of the b450 motherboard and grabbed an MSI x570 Edge. Everything functions properly now as it should.  

***Anyone with a B450 board dont update your bios or else it will remove the PCIe 4.0 functionality of your board*** however, if you don't... U miss out on some features and bug fixes. 

0 Likes
xlbigdaddy
Journeyman III

Having the exact same issue. Can we get confirmation from AMD themselves about this issue? I would rather not have to upgrade to a 570 board when I just purchased a B450-F three weeks ago.

3600X, 5700 XT, B450-F, XPG 16GB RAM set to 3000 but running at 2666 with bios update, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,