cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

astrix_au
Elite
Elite

Re: Anyone getting the CNext.exe error at shutdown/restart with the new Crimson drivers?

The latest big Windows update around the 16th November did reset it and you had to re enable to disable hardware driver updates, they removed one option as well but not the main part.

So remember to check it after every main Windows 10 update.

EDIT: that would be the main reason people might have thought it didn't always work.

warpfact0r10
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Anyone getting the CNext.exe error at shutdown/restart with the new Crimson drivers?

Oh don't get me wrong- I agree it should typically be set this way.

0 Kudos
astrix_au
Elite
Elite

I  know mate I said they

0 Kudos
teecee
Adept I
Adept I

Sorted. All working A-OK.

The thermal check caused by the original fan scaling problem had boiled the thermal paste on the GPU , heavily compromising heat transfer from the GPU to the heatsink. 15.11 rather nicely prevents the beast cooking itself to death by throttling the clocks.

I removed the heatsink, cleaned off the remains of the thermal grease (and the deposits of same condensed elsewhere on the card!!) and reassembled with a bit of ceramique.

Good as gold now.

0 Kudos
shaneherald
Adept III
Adept III

I had this error until the new windows update.....seems like every thing is working a lot better in the crimson software now.....no issues as of yet ...but then again I have not changed any settings in crimson....before this update it would not save any over clocks or keep crossfire turned on ....at every boot I had to go into crimson and change all my settings back to what I wanted them to be ...even overclocks .....ill know more today after I install this new 1200w psu that's getting delivered to day and I can then oc my cards with out issues....

evilui
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi, I filled a form reporting this problem. Basically it´s the same problem reported in op, and I agree with the mate that suggests that would be much easier for us and accurate for developers if the system info tab would be automatically pasted in it.

I don´t want to miss this opportunity to express my concerns about the security of the crimson drivers as I have found this article:

AMD's new Crimson Drivers are bugged and killing Graphics Cards - Report | GearNuke

I would really apreciate an amd statement about this.

I unninstalled it and reinstalled it, made a clean install of the chipset and vga driver as suggested by another mate bellow and the problem persists. I asume that simply there are bugs that need to be fixed. Until then I came back to the latest ccc drivers before crimson.

Last, but not least, I wanted to note that I didn´t find the option in crinsom drivers to disable Super White and force video playback in RGB limited range (not pixel format, but video playback). I would like those options to come back in the next patch, as they were really handy to properly view movies in players that may mess with hdmi black level, such as vlc player.

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

0 Kudos
warpfact0r10
Forerunner
Forerunner

AMD released an update to Crimson the following day to address the issues: 15.11.1 Beta. You'll find it listed below the initial Crimson Software on the driver results page.

Support & Drivers

evilui
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi, thanks for sharing.

I have a question, in order to install this hotfix it is mandatory to install the beta drivers, is it?

0 Kudos
warpfact0r10
Forerunner
Forerunner

The hotfix is included in the beta drivers, yes.

inkice
Adept II
Adept II

I installed the new driver when it was released. I've never had any problems but I've been reading of this from alot of forums.

0 Kudos