cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

viteapa
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Anyone getting the CNext.exe error at shutdown/restart with the new Crimson drivers?

0 Kudos
yong456
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Anyone getting the CNext.exe error at shutdown/restart with the new Crimson drivers?

hi viteapa , im after test , the restart system get the cnext error problem is Not installed the microsoft visual c++ 2005 , you try to install it , i after install it is no restart system cnext  error , and overdriver fan speed set auto setting save, but i installing amd crimson 15.11.1 beta driver, I hope to help you

0 Kudos
yong456
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

i have install visual c++ redistributable 2005 x86&x64, me have try to shutdown&restart repeatedly is no cnext error problem, finally We hope to help everyone

0 Kudos
warpfact0r10
Forerunner
Forerunner

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update

Resolved Issues with AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update

• Star Wars™: Battlefront - Snow flickers in a few locations in the game
  • Star Wars™: Battlefront - Sky rendering may be broken in some game locations
  • Fallout 4 - The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 series products
  • Star Wars™: Battlefront - Shadowy textures are visible around hills/structures/caves
  • Just Cause 3 - Texture corruption may be experienced during gameplay
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Poor AMD Crossfire™ performance may be experienced
  • The driver installation may fail while installing the ACP component
  • The font size in Chinese language installations may be too small
  • The label range values in some AMD Freesync™ installations may be incorrect
  • The Radeon Settings dropbox does not close when it is clicked on a second time
  • The AMD Overdrive fan settings is always set to ON after first edit on reboot
  • Language shows up as Chinese Simplified when Chinese Traditional is selected in Windows® 7
  • Cnext crashes on the Display tab when cloning a display via HDMI on some notebooks
  • Overdrive fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application
  • Cnext does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
  • AMD Overdrive™ cannot revert to default settings in some situations
0 Kudos
teecee
Adept I
Adept I

Better, but still some considerable way to go.

1) Some sort of crash with a filesystem error reported on first reboot after installation. Seems to be trying to run a web page??? (start ~~ "https://secure.amd.com/di?UID1=................" etc, etc,). As this does not happen again, it's cosmetic.

2) GPU clock on this 'ere 280X now switches between 300 at idle and 501 Mhz under load. While an improvement on "permanently locked to 300", this is still a way shy of the 1020 it should be going to. Everything in the settings correctly spots that it can go to 1020, it just isn't doing it.

On the plus side, the fans appear to work correctly and cnext.exe no longer commits hari-kiri at every logout. Also, in this brief test, nothing has elected to wander around in the machine's NVRAM with spiky boots on. Unfortunately as I would like all the grunt of my GPU back I will not be evaluating this version further, so the jury's still out on whether that little annoyance is fixed.

Reverting to Catalyst 15.11 again.

0 Kudos
astrix_au
Elite
Elite

I had found FRC didn't work  and at first go over 144 and then I had to disable it otherwise it would lock my fps at 55 and not use my GPU constantly, after turning off FRC it was using at normally again but I also reverted to Catalyst as IL-2 Stormovik: BOS running crossfire runs so much better on Catalyst 15.11.1. it's a DX9 title but the develop supports Multi GPU so no need to select the new option in crossfire for DX9 games with no profiles. Freesync didn't work on IL-2 BOS running Crimson either.

0 Kudos
warpfact0r10
Forerunner
Forerunner

Just wanted to check and make certain everyone was following the correct process when updating drivers:

• Download the latest AMD Crimsons for chipset (if using an AMD chipset-based motherboard) and graphics. 15.11.1 was released yesterday- those are the ones you want.
  • Download the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility.
  • Disconnect any wired/wireless network connections (to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers).
  • Disable antivirus (including Windows Defender).
  • Uninstall all AMD drivers normally.
  • Run the uninstall utility and reboot when it completes.
  • Install both the chipset drivers, then graphics drivers. (The order isn't critical but it makes sense to me to do it this way)
  • Reconnect network connections and enable your antivirus.
astrix_au
Elite
Elite

Or you could stop windows from installing hardware drivers always which is better since when you connect the cable Windows could break it as it''s done in the past with AMD hot fixes.

Go to System / Advanced System Settings / Hardware / Device installation settings and select no.

Even after running AMD Cleaner restart again then run CC cleaner and remove all the AMD registry entries. restart and then install.

warpfact0r10
Forerunner
Forerunner

I've heard some users claim Win 10 ignores that setting, hence my suggestion to disconnect network connections.

0 Kudos
astrix_au
Elite
Elite

It was recommended by Matt from AMD.  It works, hence why your device is listed as Microsoft basic adapter not AMD after restarting.

It stops hardware driver updates, they probably got it mixed up with Windows updates.

0 Kudos