cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Anyone getting the CNext.exe error at shutdown/restart with the new Crimson drivers?

I've done two clean driver installs and I still am getting this error. The drivers seem to work fine but I am prompted with this error almost every time I shutdown/restart the computer. Also sometimes my Radeon settings are not saved after restarting the computer (specifically fan control settings).

39 Replies
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Anyone getting the CNext.exe error at shutdown/restart with the new Crimson drivers?

I have no idea what they did, I have the same problems, and unfortunately we are not the only ones. I just hope that AMD realizes this problem and it does not take six months to release drivers fixed

Adept II
Adept II

Re: Anyone getting the CNext.exe error at shutdown/restart with the new Crimson drivers?

I did last night when shutting down after the install, didn't get it this morning when turning PC on and off.

I will test it again when I get home to see if it pops up.

Cheers,

bOing

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I've not seen it again.

I've rebooted a few times and still no repeated error.

Sorry

bOing

0 Kudos

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with Crimson! There is a driver issue reporting option in Crimson and we are heavily tracking issues users are experiencing. You can find it in "Preferences -> Report an Issue". Alternatively you can fill out the reporting form here: AMD Issue Reporting Form

These issues are funneled to our Global Customer Care team where they can make an internal bug ticket which is passed off to the appropriate driver functional area team.

This is very helpful for us to collect what we need to troubleshoot, reproduce and check-in fixes to the mainline driver in order to resolve issues.

Thanks for all your help!

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

yeah same here heres a screenshot if it helps at all Gyazo - 486d33119663fd510f89f3969d1ab3cb.jpg

Adept II
Adept II

Same problem. Submitted form. Meanwhile what do I do? Install previous Omega driver?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

sert.png

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

i might try install the crimson again when i get home to see if i can get my most annoying

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

None of my settings in Global Overdrive save on shutdown/restart. Have to reset them every single time I log in which is a massive pain in the backside! How can they release this software and make such a big song and dance about it while it's still broken? And why haven't they responded to any of the threads I've been keeping an eye on to give us an estimated window for a fix?

0 Kudos