cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

toasttheoriginal
Adept III

Anyone else get banned from Buying a Graphix card?

Jump to solution

I was up good and  early trying to get a card, and no I was not using a bot. The only spamming I did was the refresh button.  I was banned from all of the different sight urls.  I get this message across all..

toasttheoriginal_0-1617801277102.png

Here it is from the direct link:

toasttheoriginal_0-1617801500783.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
C_olsen
Adept I

Re: Anyone else get banned from Buying a Graphix card?

Jump to solution

clear your cookies and restart the browser, that fixed it for me. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
SystemZ01
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I didn't understand this either. I received this message for doing the same thing when the 6800xt first arrived. I'm sure I wasn't the only person doing it, so how are you supposed to get a card??? Frustrating I'm sure.

toasttheoriginal
Adept III

Jump to solution

I know, how are you suppose to see if it is in stock if you do not refresh!?.. AMD should have use sign into here and then have us purchase through the a url given to use in our message box..  AMD has there heads way up there rear ends and or lazy as hell..  I use to love this company but there actions lately seem very odd from the AMD I knew...

Reynster
Adept I

Jump to solution

I didn’t get banned but I got stuck in the longest string of google captcha I have ever had to do

0 Kudos
C_olsen
Adept I

Jump to solution

How long did it take before you didn't receive that message anymore? I believe its based off blocking your IP address most likely which makes sense because constantly refreshing the page is essentially the same thing as a DDOS attack and their servers are going to block you to reduce traffic. 

0 Kudos
RomanK
Adept I

Jump to solution

Same for me. Did the exact same thing but only like once per second. Access Denied.

I can't really tell if it was a ban, but I think I wouldn't have had a chance to buy a GPU anyway without a bot infrastructure. The only thing I have is an automatic refresh bot (distill.io) which tells me when you can add selected products to your cart. I still have to do it manually if I ever have the chance.

I am from Germany btw so this could mean that access was actually denied on purpose, but I can only assume that.

0 Kudos
C_olsen
Adept I

Jump to solution

clear your cookies and restart the browser, that fixed it for me. 

View solution in original post

toasttheoriginal
Adept III

Jump to solution

I have even tried a flush and register dns as well as release and renew of ip still did not let me... Oh well another fail for AMD..

walungalele
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I had the same message at some point. It cleared after a few days, possibly after my home public IP changed.

Same thing happened to be with best buy and that also took about a week to fix itself (could also be due to a different public IP).

0 Kudos
toasttheoriginal
Adept III

Jump to solution

Worked but once again to I'm to late, oh well... 

0 Kudos