Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

norumu
Staff

AMD Superfan VLAN - March 2nd

93723-superfan-vlan-social-1024x512.jpg

It has been a whole year since Ryzen began making waves in how the world defines high-performance computing and what better way to celebrate than to get together and game?!

Starting on March 2nd at 12pm CT/6pm GMT, we'll be on the AMD Twitch channel and the Red Team Discord playing all kinds of games for TWELVE hours! Ready your engines, because AMD Ryzen favorite, Robert Hallock, will be kicking off the event with some Rocket League!

Want to join in the gaming and maybe get some cool swag? There's only so much time for so many people. After reading the rules below, get yourself registered by replying to this thread and filling out this form, because the first 50 people will get some Red Team swag bags and the rest will get t-shirts!

Be sure to let us know what games you want to play & what Ryzen means to you in your replies below! If you’re not able to game, but want to hang out anyway, then hop on Twitch and Discord and join us in chat!

This will be a Bring Your Own Game event, so make sure your favorite multiplayer titles are up to date. Even if we're not playing it on stream, you can totally get groups together with the other Ryzen Superfans!

And, of course, there will be giveaways happening throughout the event! How does a WHOLE DESKTOP TOWER PC sound? Well, we have NINE to give, but alas, they're only available to residents in the US and Canada, minus Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, and Quebec. Please read the full rules for the giveaway to make for your best chances!

Important Links!

VLAN Rules

Giveaway Rules

AMD Twitch Channel

AMD Red Team Discord

Swag Info Form

---------

STREAMER SCHEDULE

​​

Who's On Twitch.tv/AMD
US Central Time (CT)Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
ROBERT HALLOCKNoon to 1pm6pm to 7pm
PHASZR1pm to 4pm7pm to 10pm
BEAR4pm to 6pm10pm to Midnight March 3
DERRICKGOTT0076pm to 8pmMidnight to 2am (March 3)
MOHOTASHI8pm to 10pm2am to 4am (March 3)
GIRLvsDUMB10pm to Midnight4am to 6am (March 3)

---------

REGISTRANT LIST

The first 50 people have been registered! As of this update, there are 7 people reminding me that I should include a line for "Forum Username" in those address forms next time, but I've reached out to them via PMs, so check them, please! We'll add to the list again soon as we get more cross-referencing done.

1. eisegreis
  2. anubismarc
  3. bernie8001
  4. blazek
  5. ehvox
  6. b0rdin1989
  7. tcgmeta
  8. rengy
  9. warpfact0r10
  10. johnweland
  11. eazydozer
  12. rqs-devine
  13. feiling
  14. Zephiris
  15. terminalgain
  16. larrydarren
  17. am1sf1t
  18. terrybear
  19. derrickgott007
  20. jmackay
  21. torynduron
  22. neuromantis
  23. ozsiix
  24. gtagshuffle
  25. phuri
  26. peternixeus
  27. aiko
  28. benman2785
  29. narc71
  30. arcticwind
  31. faleene
  32. darkwolfca
  33. thumper
  34. jamesc359
  35. iihavetoes
  36. wuvein
  37. theo_yells
  38. carpe375
  39. zealotki11er
  40. mohotashi
  41. californicated
  42. ganstakingofsa
  43. kxuping
  44. whiskey-foxtrot
  45. madakish
  46. darkwolfca WOOPS - See below
  47. caerbannog
  48. kenyurigames

#49 and #50 never got back to me, so I'm moving forward as if they didn't complete registration in time. As such, the two who can expect swag bags are:

49 2.0: drg197

50 2.0: swaccelerated

WOOPS - darkwolfca made it in there twice because spreadsheets make me go cross-eyed. So, next on the list is mr.bunny HOORAY!

The following list of people completed registration before the cutoff and are getting tshirts! Now, in no particular order:

jtitatr1pw1r3mr.bunny (Swag Bag instead)antics05drmariokart
randyc71timmahotoolsaywhutneondeno03
gridnospinalfailedjohnny_ceepjghangoutsjaynasty
phartindustboltzdameekandroidgalthesassthomasrm45
kayomi81virgo4udripandriptosblackdeathwildcard1978@hotmail.com
birdofnightkrankypantstoasttheoriginalmadakishrumbull
stoggy28frxninja85ajonasliwanagxxmicrosoxx

Now, I'm only human, so if you're totally 100% sure you both commented on this post and filled out the Google Form linked above before March 1st, 2018 at 2PM Central Time, then send me a private message with a link to your comment on this post and the email address or phone number you included in the Google Form so I can validate.

Oh, and the GIVEAWAY WINNERS!

DXixUvIVQAIY01h.jpg

[EDIT 7/24/18 @ 1:48PM] Locking thread to avoid confusion with the 2nd Gen Ryzen VLAN on July 28th. - Erin

312 Replies
phuri
Adept III

Totally excited! Thanks AMD for making this possible again! ❤️

peter1
Adept II

I'm in!

Games I have and can play:

PUBG

Battlefield 1

DOTA 2
Overwatch

Heroes of the Storm
CSGO

Quake Champions
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
Dragon Ball Fighter Z

aiko
Journeyman III

Woot woot love this!

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

count me in

CSGO; Division; Diablo 3; any Dead Island / Dying Light; L4D2; STO; WoT EUW; WoWS; Fractured Space; Hearthstone

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
narc71
Adept I

Woohoo PUBG mainly

arcticwind
Forerunner

Count me in! Time to spend some money on steam....

Unfortunately, Ryzen is out of reach for me at the moment.....  

faleene
Journeyman III

Quake Champions mostly

My Ryzen 1700x already paid for itself through cpu mining when not gaming.  Can't ask for more than that

0 Likes
madakish
Adept II

Awesome!! And about time!! I'm so ready for this next VLAN!

red with door.jpg

Ryzen means the world to me as you can see by my new Ryzen Backplate for my MSI RX 580 Armor Edition!

I'll be playing Sea of Thieves mainly, but also ready for some PUBG, H1Z1, Golf with Friends and many others!

Well crud... I thought it said March 22.... so SoT won't be out yet unless they are having another beta that weekend.. *Fingers crossed*

That rig is Sexy madakish

0 Likes
darkwolfca
Miniboss

yay finally and sweet backplate madakish

Thanks bro!

need some light stips now  hows it looking ?

thumper
Adept II

Sign me up!

Overwatch

BF1

Ryzen has been a fantastic investment! Great job AMD

jamesc359
Forerunner

Woohoo! Please count me in!

Game Suggestions:

Battlefield 1

Battlefield 4

Battlefront

Counter Strike Global Offensive

H1Z1

Killing Floor 1/2

Left 4 Dead 1/2

Ryzen means that I'm a couple generations behind. D'oh!

b1n4ryk1lla
Adept I

Woo count me in

Fornite BR

PUBG

Battlefield 1/4

DOTA 2
Overwatch

Heroes of the Storm
CSGO

Quake Champions

0 Likes
iihavetoes
Journeyman III

PUBG custom lobby

0 Likes
wuvein
Adept II

Count Me in.

Titanfall 2, L4D2

0 Likes
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Be sure to let us know what games you want to play & what Ryzen means to you in your replies below!

I missed last years VLAN by hours so excited to jump in our any open matches - I should be able to jump in any game published in the last 8 years. One of the games I would LOVE to play is some SWTOR (Star Wars The Old Republic) PvP, but I doubt anyone will have a subbed account for that.

What does Ryzen mean to me? Multitasking for under $500! Gaming, work, lots of work, and gaming. Yes, my Ryzen 7 1800X in Oscar Mike can handle whatever I've thrown at it so far.

Let's get this VLAN-Party started!

theo_yells
Adept II

i'm in! Ryzen means affordable gaming and streaming, AT THE SAME TIME.
Games: Battlefield 1, Battlefront II, PUBG, Overwatch and many more.

carpe375
Adept I

Can't wait for this event!!!  These are so much fun to be in.

zealotki11er
Miniboss

Can't wait for this. Will be playing some BF1, Overwatch, Dota 2, HoTS.

0 Likes
mohotashi
Adept III

Quake Champions, Overwatch, Battlefield 1, Left4Dead2,

Super Excited to be a part of the stream team for yet another Vlan!

Ryzen has enhanced the quality of my streams, and given me so much freedom with multitasking.

Ryzen to me is, performance.

Let's frag together friends.

0 Likes

I would like to play BF1, PUBG, Fortnite, and Quake Champions.  Powerful multitasking is what ryzen means to me. 

Finally the 1st VLAN I get to play on My Ryzen. Though the Date and Time when it starts is during school hours.

0 Likes
kxuping
Forerunner

awesome, I had a great time on previous Vlans! PubG, Starcraft1/2,L4D1/2,Rocket League

The swag package is awesome, on my work Im known as the AMD/Radeon fan (mousepad, stickers, t-shirt, pins, baseball cap) and even managed to get assigned an Apple MacBook Pro with Radeon GPU to put the Radeon sticker

Ryzen => My gaming PC and my home server. Excellent performance and price.

And now AMD is sponsoring Ferrari just like in the Michael Schumacher years...... happy panda.

0 Likes
morphinebear
Adept III

Cool! I have the same games as the last VLAN (I'll either find that list somewhere or rewrite it soon). To me, Ryzen means great performance for a reduced cost. I'm almost at the verge of upgrading and Ryzen is on my wishlist.

0 Likes
feverstriker
Challenger

Woohoo!!! I am in! Going to be playing Fortnite and Rocket League. (Make sure you get your Battle Pass for Fortnite to boost your TMs XP)

0 Likes

Of course I'll be there!

0 Likes

Oh and uh. Games. Lots of games. Board games. Video games. War games. Drinking games. etc

drg197
Adept II

glad to be apart of another one, still rocking my prizes from the first VLANS with pride

0 Likes
swaccelerated
Challenger

Figures, I'm working that Friday night.  Oh well,  I will try and catch the next one,  but hey... the rest of the team will be there!

0 Likes
mr_bunny
Adept II

Obligatory DOTA post. ❤️

Also open to civilization 5/6.

0 Likes
antics05
Adept I

ill be there

0 Likes
randyc71
Adept III

I will be there, not sure what game to play, maybe some pubg.

drmariokart
Adept I

private pubg server pls.  Ryzen means threadrippa.

0 Likes
timmahotool
Adept II

The Hype is real!! I like games!! Timmah!!!!

saywhut
Challenger

W00t, this will be a first for me.

Ryzen has made it possible to build a high end machine that can chew any task I can throw at it.  Not only that, but the big thing is that Ryzen made it available to the masses!

0 Likes

Not only that but Ryzen put a fire under Intel's behinds and had them push out the Coffeelake CPU's just like the 8600K in my PC now

0 Likes
phartindust
Adept II

Aww yeah! Ready for another Vlan! See you all there

neon
Miniboss

This looks like fun.

PUBG, Golf with Your Friends

0 Likes