Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

norumu
Staff

AMD Superfan VLAN - March 2nd

93723-superfan-vlan-social-1024x512.jpg

It has been a whole year since Ryzen began making waves in how the world defines high-performance computing and what better way to celebrate than to get together and game?!

Starting on March 2nd at 12pm CT/6pm GMT, we'll be on the AMD Twitch channel and the Red Team Discord playing all kinds of games for TWELVE hours! Ready your engines, because AMD Ryzen favorite, Robert Hallock, will be kicking off the event with some Rocket League!

Want to join in the gaming and maybe get some cool swag? There's only so much time for so many people. After reading the rules below, get yourself registered by replying to this thread and filling out this form, because the first 50 people will get some Red Team swag bags and the rest will get t-shirts!

Be sure to let us know what games you want to play & what Ryzen means to you in your replies below! If you’re not able to game, but want to hang out anyway, then hop on Twitch and Discord and join us in chat!

This will be a Bring Your Own Game event, so make sure your favorite multiplayer titles are up to date. Even if we're not playing it on stream, you can totally get groups together with the other Ryzen Superfans!

And, of course, there will be giveaways happening throughout the event! How does a WHOLE DESKTOP TOWER PC sound? Well, we have NINE to give, but alas, they're only available to residents in the US and Canada, minus Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, and Quebec. Please read the full rules for the giveaway to make for your best chances!

Important Links!

VLAN Rules

Giveaway Rules

AMD Twitch Channel

AMD Red Team Discord

Swag Info Form

---------

STREAMER SCHEDULE

​​

Who's On Twitch.tv/AMD
US Central Time (CT)Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
ROBERT HALLOCKNoon to 1pm6pm to 7pm
PHASZR1pm to 4pm7pm to 10pm
BEAR4pm to 6pm10pm to Midnight March 3
DERRICKGOTT0076pm to 8pmMidnight to 2am (March 3)
MOHOTASHI8pm to 10pm2am to 4am (March 3)
GIRLvsDUMB10pm to Midnight4am to 6am (March 3)

---------

REGISTRANT LIST

The first 50 people have been registered! As of this update, there are 7 people reminding me that I should include a line for "Forum Username" in those address forms next time, but I've reached out to them via PMs, so check them, please! We'll add to the list again soon as we get more cross-referencing done.

1. eisegreis
  2. anubismarc
  3. bernie8001
  4. blazek
  5. ehvox
  6. b0rdin1989
  7. tcgmeta
  8. rengy
  9. warpfact0r10
  10. johnweland
  11. eazydozer
  12. rqs-devine
  13. feiling
  14. Zephiris
  15. terminalgain
  16. larrydarren
  17. am1sf1t
  18. terrybear
  19. derrickgott007
  20. jmackay
  21. torynduron
  22. neuromantis
  23. ozsiix
  24. gtagshuffle
  25. phuri
  26. peternixeus
  27. aiko
  28. benman2785
  29. narc71
  30. arcticwind
  31. faleene
  32. darkwolfca
  33. thumper
  34. jamesc359
  35. iihavetoes
  36. wuvein
  37. theo_yells
  38. carpe375
  39. zealotki11er
  40. mohotashi
  41. californicated
  42. ganstakingofsa
  43. kxuping
  44. whiskey-foxtrot
  45. madakish
  46. darkwolfca WOOPS - See below
  47. caerbannog
  48. kenyurigames

#49 and #50 never got back to me, so I'm moving forward as if they didn't complete registration in time. As such, the two who can expect swag bags are:

49 2.0: drg197

50 2.0: swaccelerated

WOOPS - darkwolfca made it in there twice because spreadsheets make me go cross-eyed. So, next on the list is mr.bunny HOORAY!

The following list of people completed registration before the cutoff and are getting tshirts! Now, in no particular order:

jtitatr1pw1r3mr.bunny (Swag Bag instead)antics05drmariokart
randyc71timmahotoolsaywhutneondeno03
gridnospinalfailedjohnny_ceepjghangoutsjaynasty
phartindustboltzdameekandroidgalthesassthomasrm45
kayomi81virgo4udripandriptosblackdeathwildcard1978@hotmail.com
birdofnightkrankypantstoasttheoriginalmadakishrumbull
stoggy28frxninja85ajonasliwanagxxmicrosoxx

Now, I'm only human, so if you're totally 100% sure you both commented on this post and filled out the Google Form linked above before March 1st, 2018 at 2PM Central Time, then send me a private message with a link to your comment on this post and the email address or phone number you included in the Google Form so I can validate.

Oh, and the GIVEAWAY WINNERS!

DXixUvIVQAIY01h.jpg

[EDIT 7/24/18 @ 1:48PM] Locking thread to avoid confusion with the 2nd Gen Ryzen VLAN on July 28th. - Erin

312 Replies
eisegreis
Adept II

Wohoo! About time

re: games - Rocket League, Quake Champions, PUBG, Killing Floor 2, Warhammer: Vermintide, Golf with Friends

anubismarc
Adept III

I can Hardly wait!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

My list of games are as follows:

Quake Champions

Killing Floor 2

Rocket League

Left for Dead 2

Doom

Overwatch

What does Ryzen mean to me? Multitasking for under $500! Gaming, Yes, my Ryzen 7 1700X in Red Phoniex can handle whatever I've thrown at it so far, and has allowed me to follow my dream of becoming a streamer. I love Ryzen

look what came today...

caerbannog
Adept III

Awesome! Looking forward to some gaming madness

kenyurigames
Adept I

Soooo hyped!!!!!!

What Ryzen means to you?: My Ryzen 7 1700x allows me to be able to chill with friends and play awesome games. Not to mention streaming !

Games:

7 Days to Die

Golf with Your Friends

GTAV

H1Z1

PUBG

bernie8001
Adept II

Count me in once again man! I love these events.

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Count me in for some Rocket League and Battlefield 1  

ehvox
Adept I

In, nice to see.

Likely play anything i have that comes up.

what Ryzen means to me?

CPU value.

b0rdin1989
Adept I

Oh Happy days!

Pubg, World of tanks, Quake, Overwatch, Heroes of the storm, Dead by Daylight are games I play mostly ( I play some other but much less)

Ryzen is like a dream to me! Whenever I wake up, ryzen is gone and I'm stuck with FX8350 XD

Anyway, Ryzen means a real solution for different types of editing, gaming and streaming all in one!

Hopefully, I'll be able to buy Ryzen after summer

FX 8370, fx 8350 we basically the same CPU.

0 Likes

Back then, I wanted to buy 9590 but my old mobo supported till 125w cpus

tcgmeta
Adept II

Excellent! Can't wait!

rengy
Adept II

Yeahh Vlan

warpfact0r10
Paragon

Fantastic! Looking forward to playing Quake Champions, PUBG, and anything else really!

johnweland
Adept III

hell yeah, count me in.

I'm down to play whatever. I'm here for the people and the fun.

What Ryzen means to me? Gaming and streaming on one system. Means more time with friends tearing it up.

eazydozer
Adept III

So down to join another vlan. Ill play whatever. And ryzen means best bang for buck.

Count Me in!! Been waiting to long for this! Ryzen means to me ... I wish! FX 8370 is what I got so it's what I love.. til I get a Ryzen.

1, MechWarrior

2. GTAV

3. Quake Champions

4. Golf with friends

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

RQSdevine

RQisDEVINE

+1 for MechWarrior Online,  If I can make it home from work in time for the tail end of the event that is. 

0 Likes
feiling
Adept I

Well let's see if this time I can get some swag, should be under the top 50 at least with the thread only having been viewed by 8 people when I filled out the form LOL.

edit) oh never mind I guess... as it obviously is US+Can only this time (totally makes sense for a Virtual LAN "Kappa").

Games I want to suggest:

Dirty Bomb (F2P)

Golf with your friends

Heroes of the Storm

Zephiris
Adept I

This sounds rather cool. I'd suggest Heroes of the Storm or Battlefield 1.

Ryzen is just a really good processor design to me, Threadripper and Epyc make me a little bit envious. Just a little.

terminalgain
Adept II

Will have to repost once I figure out which games I can get downloaded.  Looking forward to this

fps games have been causing me issues lately, but will try again in vlan

gauntlet

pubg

fortnite

quake champions

Quake Champions

Killing Floor 2

Ryzen means I can get a gaming pc for a decent price.
I'm dying to start a build with one. 🙂

am1sf1t
Adept II

To me, Ryzen basically means high performance for an affordable price.

The games I'd like to play with people are any of the Dark Souls games, GTA 5, Don't Starve Together, Rampage Knights, Dying Light, Killing Floor 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Rocket League, Warframe, and Zombie Army Trilogy. But I'll play whatever else other people are playing if I have the game of course. Thanks!

gryphticon
Journeyman III

Welp, I'm in Quebec so no swag for me. Maybe I can still join up for gaming?

As for Ryzen, it's definitely something that disrupted the status quo in the CPU industry. Really beneficial to consumers after such a long time of semi-monopoly by Intel.

Here are games I'd suggest (many probably were already suggested):

Fortnite (Both BR and PvE are fun)

PUBG

Roblox (for the memes )

Warframe

Rainbow Six Siege

You can definitely join for the gaming!

0 Likes
Terry3Gs
Adept III

YAY !!! im signed up !! been LONG overdue !!

Are you going to add a link to show who is signed up like they have done in the past I filled out the form but there seems to be nowhere to verify it went thru.

We'll be updating the roster! And here's me confirming you personally!

Yay!  Love me some VLAN!

jmackay
Adept I

Ghost Recon Wildlands, Battlefield, The Division

Ryzen means great performance / price and excellent multithreading.

torynduron
Adept I

YAAAAAAAAASSSSS

The Ryzen for me would represent freedom.  Freedom to finish my music projects, stream and play games without many of the limitations I have to experience now. 

I'd love to be able to crank up PUBG and get those chicken dinners!! Or maybe revisit the Far Cry or Assassin's Creed universe

neuromantis
Adept I

Nice , has been quite some time since the last VLAN

wait ... what ?!?!?!

"Participants must be a resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec). "

Seriously AMD ?

0 Likes

Change made There will be restrictions with giveaways during the stream due to geographic location, but everyone can join and play!

yes Quebec will be skipped or the company will have to pay for taxes or something on top of the free gift. and they already probably pay for shipping on top of that

0 Likes

Too long indeed!

ozsiix
Adept II

Yaaaaaay!! ❤️ VLAN ❤️ 

Games : PUBG , SIEGE , GTA V , Golf with your friends , Rocket league & Battlefield 1

gtagshuffle
Adept I

Lol. Missed you guys and these events.

Games: PUBG, Paladins, Overwatch