Re: AMD Red Team Swag

Jump to solution

This would look awesome!!!

ebonclaw
Elite

Jump to solution

Day #8.

In my darkest hour, I find the brightest light.  I see it in the distance, the pale red glow piercing the shadows.  A priestess appears bathed in the warm, red light, approaches, and touches my cheek.  Her hair is a light auburn color, its curly locks drape her shoulders and spill upon her black cloak in splendid contrast.  Am I dead?  Dreaming?  She tilts my head gently. 

"Cry no more child, She is coming."

The priestess fades back into the shadows, the apparition vanishes, and I sit alone again in the dark.  Was it a dream?  Or something more real?  Does it even matter?  I find my hope renewed, and with it, a bit of strength to carry on a bit farther. 

Despite the desperation that surrounds me, I've found a moment of Zen amidst the rest of the tribe.  The cold wind of the Arctic Islands sweeps through the encampment.  We're still a long ways off, but it provides temporary respite for the 8370 that glows as red as the dying embers of campfire. 

I head out alone in search of more wood, the priestess' voice still echoing in my head.  Over the next several hours I bring back more and more wood.

A passerby cries out to me, asking what we should possibly do with so much timber, his voice quivering with weakness and hunger.

"Why, build a bonfire of course" I reply.

"And why would we do that?"

"For the celebration, brother" I reply, heading back for more wood.  "For the celebration."

-Diary excerpt from AMD-Donner party, found in unnamed file in recycle bin

ebonclaw
Elite

Jump to solution

Day #11

It was cold again last night, the Arctic Winds howled through the woods as I stumbled blindly across the blasted landscape.  I'd wandered a bit too far from the tribe as the sun went down and the wilderness took over, and in my haste to gather wood, I'd lost my bearings. My steps became heavier as I stumbled, desperately, through the forest, the howls of the wolves mixing freely with the howls of the wind.  Each time I fell, it became more and more difficult to pick myself up until finally, my body gave out and I felt the snapping of twigs and the rustle of leaves as I hit the forest floor a final time. 

No......it can't end here.  Not like this.  Not like this. 

Was the priestess a hallucination after all?  Perhaps a conjured spirit from across the Ivy Bridge meant to ensnare me? 

"Fate is a cruel mistress" is my last conscious thought as I slip into a final, blissful sleep.

As the last warm breaths escape my lungs, the sky breaks open above me, a great red rift opening amongst the stars.  The inevitability of my demise is not lost on me, and all I can do is wait and watch to see what new visions my mind is to grant me in my final moments.  The coldness in my body leaves and I feel warmed.  My hunger pangs are no longer as sharp, and I can think clearly again.  The tear of Crimson has split the stars in twain now, and the moon has turned blood red.  I can hear my pulse as it slows.

"Yes, this must be what it's like to die."

As the world rends itself apart, I find the forest is suddenly gone and I am transported to a great hallway.  Stained glass cathedral windows line the walls of the structure I find myself in, the heavens restored as astral light shines through them. I'm laying now on marble tile, stained burgundy and inset with lines of silver filigree lay before me, cool to the touch.  I find myself at the gates of eternity, and no longer alone.  The priestess stands before me.

"Rise child, and be afraid no longer, your time is not here yet."

I prepare myself for the great struggle that is standing, only to find that it comes much more easily now, my vigor renewed.

My lips try to form words, but none escape.

"Your loyalty has been noticed by the Gods, child.  Steel thyself, for thy mortal trials are not yet at an end." 

"I....don't understand."

"You have been chosen by Faith to carry Her with you.  You shall be sent forth as a beacon, to show others her way.  Share with the Tribe your story and bring the hope to all that one day, they too will achieve Zen if they only seek it with their hearts as you have.  Depart from this place and go in peace, may you ever walk in Crimson."

I want to stay.....even though I have no idea where I am, and I want to ask the Priestess so many things, but before I can, I hear the toll of a great bell.  It resonates first in my ears, and then throughout my body, and then it begins coming from my body.  I close my eyes as the sensation overtakes me and grows louder and louder and then suddenly, stops.

When I open my eyes again, I find myself at the edge of the encampment, the rest of the Tribe staring at me. 

As I emerge from the woods back into the encampment, one of the tribe steps forward.

"We.....saw a light....in the forest....." 

He stops mid-sentence and gasps.  Suddenly, a great cheer goes up throughout the encampment.

I'm still dazed from my encounter as I realize I have not left the woods in the same way I entered it. She has come with me. 

ynB2vK3.jpg

-Diary excerpt from AMD-Donner party, found in unnamed file in recycle bin

TL:DR  FedEx dropped off this for me yesterday, along with a sweet AMD beanie that it's not quite cold enough to wear yet.  I 'll give you guys a guess as to what I was wearing when I booted up Fallout 4 for the first time though.  Yesterday was a good day!

Special thanks to Erin and Sam for being big fans of their fans.  I'm so happy I can return my 8370 to (almost stock) voltage now. 

cavemanthe0ne
Challenger

Jump to solution
Props to ebonclaw: Crushed It!

1398983350.png
Epic writing!

Also, its great to see sam.tehrani​ and/or erin.maiorino​ be so awesome!

arcticwind
Forerunner

Jump to solution

Outstanding!!

esmea
Adept III

Jump to solution

In the time that I worked as a system builder/repair tech for a small parts shop in the mid 2000s, I had swag coming out of my ears from EVGA, Microsoft (Vista's release brought LOTS with it), and a few others... most of it was junk, but I did manage to score an AMD embroidered button-up during a company Christmas party =D. I also saved a couple of AMD64 promo playing card decks.

WP_20151222_001.jpg

Those were the good ol' days (and also when AMD still had fabs and money to throw around). *sigh*

Perhaps I need to arrange a visit to Santa Clara >.>

pitron
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Those playin cards man, they are sick!

0 Kudos
derrickgott007
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I would love to rock some ##amdredteam gear whil I stream. Maybe some #AMD posters to go behind me on the wall in camera view,  backdrop over my IronMan collection.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

rqs-devine
Elite

Jump to solution

I love my new Ryzen shirt from the last VLAN. I hope there is a new VLAN being planned and it would be Awesome if New Shirt Designs where released before each one. I wear my AMD Swag with Pride. Still so sad that last Novembers VLAN the shirt that came was to small for me to wear but I cherish it. I crammed myself into it once just long enough for a pic with my PC fortunately no one has to see my bare midriff LOL. #betterred #AMDhype

warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Jump to solution

Really glad we've finally seen something materialize on this front! Hope it won't remain as stagnant as the old AMD merch store.
Amd Fan Store