cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

ajlueke
Grandmaster

Re: AMD Red Team Firestrike Performance/Extreme/Ultra Scores V2

Rig updated with a Ryzen 1800X and Fatal1ty Professional gaming 370X board.

Alan Lueke--Ryzen 1800X--R9 Fury X--14315--Firestrike Performance

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 1800X,ASRock X370 Professional Gaming

0 Kudos

i think your psu is about to go out.

check out those 12v rail voltages...

zealotki11er
Miniboss

How does combined scored compare to Intel. Been seeing Zen getting lower in Combined scored even though the CPU score is a lot higher. 

sgtbilko
Miniboss

Combined is lower in Firestrike, seems about the same in 3DMark 11 and since Time Spy doesn't have one (with good reason) there's a non-issue

Also havenbreaker​ Would you please STOP marking everybody's reply as helpful just to give yourself an ego boost with points, it doesn't help the random people that come to this forums looking for ACTUAL help.....

sgtbilko
Miniboss

I'll elaborate a little, the Combined test (and Physics to some extent) doesn't seem to utilise the CPU fully at the moment either so at this point we aren't getting the full story of what Ryzen is capable of, not sure why it's not using it all but the issue seems to be more prevalent in Windows 10 opposed to 7.

0 Kudos
walking_corpse
Challenger

yeah combined score is totally weird with how we'd expect to see with the individual results..

0 Kudos
stoggy28
Elite

sgtbilko
Miniboss

There's a reason why Futuremark never included a Combined test in Time Spy, as soon as Nik gives us the yay or nay on HWBOT rules for this thread then I'll see what I post up seeing as that's all I generally bench for nowadays.

0 Kudos
conenubi701
Adept I

Conenubi701 - i7 4790K - R9 Fury X Crossfire - 22,114 - Firestrike AMD Radeon R9 Fury X video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4790K,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS...

Conenubi701 - i7 4790K - R9 Fury X Crossfire - 13,762 - Firestrike Extreme AMD Radeon R9 Fury X video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4790K,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS...

Conenubi701 - i7 4790K - R9 Fury X Crossfire - 7,647 - Firestrike Ultra AMD Radeon R9 Fury X video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4790K,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS...

0 Kudos
ajlueke
Grandmaster

The combined test seems to test more than just the CPU and GPU.  While I haven't been able to get my DDR4 higher than 2667 MHz with the Ryzen memory controller, I did get 14-14-14-35 timings stable from 16-16-16-39.  I ran firestrike again and compared the results altering only the memory timing.

pastedImage_0.png

CPU and GPU scores are unaltered by changing the memory timing, while the combined score rose nearly 10%.  With Intel's memory controller ramping up to higher frequencies right now that may explain the higher combined score.

0 Kudos