Where are my 480's at?

mazedmarky--i3-4160--Reference RX480--9225--Firestrike 1.1

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11631159

mazedmarky
Adept I

Re: AMD Red Team Firestrike Performance/Extreme/Ultra Scores V2

Got another one for you:

mazedmarky--i3-4160--R7 260X--4173--Firestrike 1.1

AMD Radeon R7 260X video card benchmark result - Intel Core i3-4160,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H81M-C

dontkilljim
Adept II

​DontKillJim--FX9590--R9FuryX--7034--FireStrikeExtreme

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/18120224?

cavemanthe0ne
Challenger

Added!

colesdav
MVP

That is a very good point. Where are results from RX400 series in general, including in Crossfire.
Maybe someone can put out a call to get a set of RX400 results in so they can at least go on the table.

Cheers.

singprian
Journeyman III

Singprian--i5 3570K--RX480--10107--FireStrike 1.1
AMD Radeon RX 480 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3570K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ...

Slightly overclocked Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 8GB to 1370Mhz. CPU is an old, but still solid i5 3570K with CM Hyper 212EVO cooler ( not overclocked yet - only turbo boost up to 3.8GH )

I am going to build a new setup if Ryzen proves to be good.

I did also 4K Firestrike, but the numbers are as expected:

Singprian--i5 3570K--RX480--5284--FireStrikeExtreme1.1

AMD Radeon RX 480 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3570K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ...

singprian
Journeyman III

Hi, just did a test with mine:

Overclock to 1370Mhz stable below 75 degree Celsius for stress test too ( tho I overwritten my previous test and don't have time for another 20 loops )

cavemanthe0ne
Challenger

This thread existed long before RX 400 was out, hence the lack of results. That and not a lot of people put results here with them yet

colesdav
MVP

Yeah I know, I wasn't criticising anyone. I think you are doing a great job to take this over. I am sure it involves lots of work so thanks from me.

Its just that I know that the Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 8GB and the XFX RX480 8GB Black Edition cards are fast and powerful cards for sure with a great Performance/Price ratio. OK they don't have HBM memory but they should be giving good results, not too far berhind an R9 Fury @ 1080p at least.
Drivers have been improving. From what I have seen the Crimson ReLive WHQL 17.1.2 Drivers are performing really well.

I thought the Red Team might want to put out a call for results.

I note that 3DMark Firestrike seems to have lots of high end results from Nvidia.

If tuned and set up properly though, I am sure AMD  can snap on their heels in Firestrike Scores.

Look at the Fury Cards Results as well.

We need more dual GPU results.

We only have, last time I looked, ( Fury + FuryX) in Crossfire.

I have only run so far with i7-4770K and a pair of Nanos (one of them is second hand... the other in a sale, both cost @ same as an aftermarket 1070). 

I only did initial CPU and GPU optimization. I haven't  improved my CPU Overclock so I optimize the i7-4770K Physics score yet (The i7-4770K TIM is bad, so it runs too hot to get a good physics score). I could stick my Nano's into an i7-4790K and push my score up.

Whilst I love where I am in the high score table for Firestrike, thinking for AMD as a whole, there must be people out there with much better hardware than me.  Maybe with an Intel Extreme processor and a pair of R9 Fury X or PhaseChange/Watercooled R9 Nanos on a motherboard designed for overclocking with DDR4 Ram?

Come on peeps! Get some more results in. Give it back to the guys in Green  .

Then theres always Ryzen and Vega coming soon, time to get ready for some for some serious payback .

mazedmarky
Adept I

Hey,

you may want to check out buildzoid's Firestrike (2x Fury X's) and Firestrike/Extreme scores (3x Fury X's). He does some extreme modding to his hardware as well including LN2 cooling. He recently published a score with 2x XFX RX480's GTR, but there where some problems with cpu cores so the score might not be optimal.

Happy overclocking.