Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

teckem
Challenger
Challenger

AMD Radeon RX480

So what do your guys think about the new super low cost entry VR experience that is the RX480 ?......$199 is a superb price, my 270x is crying right now.

Here it is the introduction of this new product made by Linus and Rajar:

AMD's HUGE Announcement - the Best Value Ever?? - YouTube

18 Replies
derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: AMD Radeon RX480

I am super stoked!  I sold my #XboxOne For $300 yesterday and now I'm going to invest that $300 into a RX 480 , then save the other $100 to purchase another one!    What a great time to be a #AMDREDTEAM member! 

feverstriker
Challenger
Challenger

Oh man!!! I am sooooo excited!!! Can't wait till the 29th!!!

jamesc359
Miniboss
Miniboss

I'm really impressed and yet I'm also a little skeptical at the same time. $200 for a VR ready card that could in theory play almost any modern title at 1440p is quite impressive, however it seems a little too good to be true. It'll be great once we start to see benchmarks.

0 Kudos
zerofightersrb
Adept II
Adept II

That would be awesome, but I know even if it is 200$ in USA, here in Serbia it is going to be more like 300 euros, at least!

teckem
Challenger
Challenger

I like the way you are thinking, I will probably sell my 270x to a friend and put the other half of the money.

0 Kudos
teckem
Challenger
Challenger

You might  be a little bit right, just time will let us know how the card will behave on the day to day use. I will wait as you to see the benchmark for single card performance, either way It should perform way better than my 270x. I hope the performance rivals 1070 (Single GPU) even if it is 5-15 percent less is a win situation.

0 Kudos
teckem
Challenger
Challenger

Thats is why sometimes I love my country (Dominican Republic), here there are Po BOX companies that receive and bring correspondence and packages, and based on the cargo weight they charge taxes (US $3 - Standard). If in Serbia the RX480 after taxes is $300 , how it would it be compared to the current prices of the other cards (R9 - 9xx series) ?.

0 Kudos
blazek
Miniboss
Miniboss

Great times ahead indeed

iamthesaga
Miniboss
Miniboss

I think it seems like a great GPU especially at the price point.  It is confirming my suspicion that AMD is trying to reach more consumers than target the elitist.  While I know they will come out with a top tier card, this is the perfect product to target such big thing like VR right now.