Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

sgtbilko
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: AMD Red Team Firestrike Performance/Extreme/Ultra Scores

Yes i'm running a Custom Loop atm, I haven't much experience with these CPU's on Air cooling but i could run my 8350 at 4.6Ghz with 2400Mhz ram on a Hyper 212 stable.

Yeah, for anything over what you are currently running you'd need either a 240mm AIO or a dual tower air cooler I'd think.

0 Kudos
sgtbilko
Miniboss
Miniboss

Added!

I've only added you FSE and FSU scores because you normal Firestrike isn't that much higher than your previous submission and i didn't know if you wanted to try and go a little higher?

0 Kudos
4monkeys
Adept II
Adept II

I thought the closed loop 120mm will do that too, I have not tried though, my processor is on a corsair 80i at 5ghz (9590) there was a test somewhere between 80 and 120 they worked out it would give u extra 300 MHz between two on same chip. I think this is a 8350 as testing cpu.

0 Kudos
4monkeys
Adept II
Adept II

Very nice score, Already sold two of my r9 290x, leaving me with 1x295 now. at 200 quid second hand I decided chop them in for new fury x x2

0 Kudos
sgtbilko
Miniboss
Miniboss

My Fury X isn't being delivered until August sometime now but even then I'll be sticking to what i have until Arctic Islands drop.

I can't do anything serious with these cards unless i hook on another PSU to really give them the beans but i'll be saving that

0 Kudos
sgtbilko
Miniboss
Miniboss

a 120mm CLC would be fine up till 4.7-4.8Ghz for the most part but it really depends on alot of factors, climate, ambients, case airflow and the chip itself.
my 9590 for instance is great voltage wise but it spits out alot of heat, my 8350 takes alot of voltage for small overclocks but doesn't get all that hot.......silicon lottery

0 Kudos
zealotki11er
Miniboss
Miniboss

sgtbilko
Miniboss
Miniboss

Apologies for the late reply (been quite busy), I'll update you on the board when im back on my PC (on mobile atm).

Nice to see some more OCNers on here

sgtbilko
Miniboss
Miniboss

Added!

desol007
Journeyman III
Journeyman III