cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

A Broke Enthusiast...

Hey does anybody have any spare hardware to give, i'd really like to build my own rig with AMD parts but, i don't have any money can somebody donate PLEASE. I already e-mailed the company but the customer service guy said:

"I understand you are looking for a free sample of AMD products

We apologize but we do not have such a program in place at this point in time.

You may wish to join the Red Team Community at, who occasionally have contests which provide promotions and giveaways to their community members."

I was hopin' somebody with a lil money to spare to donate some hardware...?

-RB

0 Kudos
7 Replies
teckem
Challenger

Re: A Broke Enthusiast...

Well mate, from one broke student to another broke, I do understand what you are trying to achieve but don't get me wrong but things are earned, through a constant behavior on the community (particulary), I'll like to give you something but unfortunately I don't have spare parts. And as the representative on customer service said:  "join the Red Team Community at, who occasionally have contests which provide promotions and giveaways to their community members.". Here we are the Read Team who participate on the giveaways & Read Team Plus are promoted die hard fans whom participate on Twitch, events and more.

You can read more here: AMD Red Team vs. AMD Red Team Plus

oregon
Elite

I hope you are able to find someone who has some spare parts they are willing to send. Some people can be very generous, and while I am also broke and my only spare part is an old NVIDIA card, I do wish you the best of luck.

0 Kudos
derrickgott007
Miniboss

What all parts do you have now?  What are you looking to build? 

My case, fans, hard drive, windows 8.1

I was hopin' to build an editing/ moderate gaming rig.

jamesc359
Miniboss

You should try contributing to the community before you ask for handouts and even then you shouldn't be surprised when you get rebuffed. Any component worthwhile is valuable and most people aren't just going to give them away to a random stranger on the internet.

feverstriker
Challenger

As unfortunate as it sound, jamesc359​ is absolutely right. A lot of people need parts that can't afford it but while this is the case most of us at least try to give some sort of advice on what we might know to help others out. Become a part of the community, get involved, perhaps eventually someone will be gratuitous enough to help you out. Stick around, we are a lovely bunch of people. Who knows, maybe you will win the next contest or giveaway.