cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

pandabengt
Journeyman III

380x problems....

2 days ago i upgraded my gpu from a r7 260x to a r9 380x. the old gpu ran csgo on 150-200 fps and my new one only gets 70... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Re: 380x problems....

Hey there! Sorry you're experiencing issues.

• Did you uninstall the Crimson software before removing the old card and then install the latest version after installing the new card?
  • What is the make/model and wattage of your power supply, and does it meet the requirements of the GPU?

Also, this info would be helpful: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

pandabengt
Journeyman III

Thanks!

I am using a 450w corsair power supply. and i think that might be the problem.

No i did not uninstall the Crimson software before removing my old card.

0 Kudos
warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Hi there- sorry I've been out of the loop for a bit. Is your situation improved at all? Did you try using the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility​​?

0 Kudos
spinalfailed
Challenger

I know this is about a month old but did you connect the 6/8 pin PCI-E​ power connector?  Never just replace a GPU with another GPU even if they are both AMD.  Driver files are different for different models and the best way to swap a GPU is to download either AMDs utility or DDU(display driver installer). With DDU after you launch it choose to boot to safe mode, uninstall the driver and choose shut down.  Swap hardware (after unplugging the PSU ) boot the PC and install the latest crimson driver.

0 Kudos