cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Rig Showcase

magical_flame
Adept I

Re: Weiss

wow thats up there in heat but at least you have a really nice AIO to keep it in check. And ya the case could be better in many ways. After the warranty is up i mite change the black to a very light blue to resemble ice or something close to it. As well as do a custom loop at some point.

And thanks again.

0 Likes
scythefwd
Adept III

It is, but it's 16 cores running full load with a 500mhz oc on every core and a .135 over volt to go with.. she's low 50's stock speeds on the small fft, and high 40's is the highest I've seen actually using it with my oc.  I really could go 4.0 or 4.1 as daily driver clocks..

0 Likes
magical_flame
Adept I

That's some pretty good temps for that OC. And I could see 4.0 being the sweet spot.

0 Likes
scythefwd
Adept III

I think I could pull it off.. I just don't want to run that much voltage through the proc..

0 Likes
magical_flame
Adept I

true, if you cant get it there i would get it as close as possible

0 Likes
scythefwd
Adept III

I've had it up to 4.2 at 1.35v, 4.1 at 1.3v... my usage is light enough that I won't be stressing all cores on this box at any time, so realistically I would see normal operating temps in the low 40's even in those freq ranges.  At 3.9, I blipped 30 degrees when installing a vm ... The highest temps I've seen outside of stress tests.

The issue is that even with good temps, the increased voltage does degrade components over time.. so while and says 1.4v is max.. I'd like to keep it at 1.25 or lower.  If I were trying to render graphics.. you bet your sweet biffy I'd be running 4.1, and a custom loop, possibly with a water chiller in the loop.  My use doesn't require the extra cycles per second.. so I opt for longevity over peak performance.

0 Likes
darkwolfca
Miniboss

great build and yeah acrylic does scratch easy been changing over to tempered glass myself much clearer and that but has it's own issues like fingerprints

0 Likes