Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Rig Showcase

magical_flame
Adept I

Weiss

Description

I originally built this on a super tight budget of $700 back in 2016. So it had a FX-4350 w/ stock cooler, no SSD & it was in a Raidmax Ninja 2 case when I first started to build her. This is my very first PC build I ever did, so I'm hopping that it will keep getting better as time goes on and prices get crazier.

118411639_2775866225984539_7596632594143842700_o.jpg

Specifications

CPUryzen 5 3600x
CoolerDeepcool 240EX (White)
MotherboardAsus PRIME X-570 PRO
MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Royal 16GB 4000 (2x8GB)
Graphics

Asus Turbo GTX 970 4GB OC

Disc Drive 1Sk Hynix 120GB SSD
Disc Drive 2Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Disc Drive 3{drive3}
PSUEVGA Supernova 750W G3 80+(Gold) modular
CaseNZXT S340 (white)
MonitorSamsung U28E590D 4K 28" UHD

Updated the GPU from a EVGA GTX 750TI 2GB to the GTX 970 4GB.

(2020 Update) Upgraded from the AM3+ (FX-8370) platform to the AM4.

Message was edited by: Travis Reese

16 Replies
scythefwd
Adept III

Re: Weiss

I'm running the same case in black and a 240mm rad up front.  I found putting a mesh panel in the front of the case allowed my system to run a full 10C cooler at idle.. and nearly 15C cooler at load.

Nice build.. much cleaner than mine.

0 Likes
magical_flame
Adept I

Thanks for the compliment. The S340 is a really nice case for its price for any build. Unless the builder wants/needs a rad bigger then a 240mm or needs more then 4 drives. Or the builder is using a EATX motherboard.

And the front filter is in the front of the case by default. Or are you saying you removed it for better air flow to get those temps?

0 Likes
scythefwd
Adept III

I mean I cut out a 5x10 square hole in the front of the case and put aluminum mesh there in its place so my radiator could pull air more efficiently..

I did also remove the dust filter and mounted my fans under the front vs. inside the case... The fans are literally directly behind that screen.. I wont see much dust inside.. I generally run filterless and dont have any issues..

nzxt_grill.jpg7646245052604418642%253Faccount_id%253D0

I found after cutting the grill up front and moving the fans directly behind the grill (same config as yours, just fan location shifted.. ) I'm seeing 10-15 degrees C lower temps during stress tests.  Pardon the orientation of the second pic.. was a quick snap I took when trying to explain that I had moved my fans to someone else.

0 Likes
magical_flame
Adept I

Oh okay, I would mod my case but it still has its warranty. But before I do any type of modding, I have to replace my GPU, PSU & peripherals.

I'll have to remember this later for sure.

0 Likes
scythefwd
Adept III

That case is less than 2 months old lol. If your temps are good, I'd not

bother, which is why I asked how they we're. The threadripper at 3.9ghz

produces a lot of heat, which is why I got to cutting..

0 Likes
magical_flame
Adept I

lol, my temps stay in the high 40s to low 50s under heavy load with a very mild OC.

And i didnt even notice that you had a Threadripper build there lol. the only thing i said to myself

was thats one of the new AIOs haha.

0 Likes
scythefwd
Adept III

Well shoot.. she dont need no extra holes then.  Under stress test I was throttling at stock speeds.. now I hit about 63 (throttling starts at 68) with my OC.. I am prime95 stable at 4 (blend, not sff)... But if you're already low 50's, no need at all to mod.  In that case.. I cant think of much in the ways to improve the case lol..

Again, Nice build ya got there man.

norumu
Staff
Staff

Oh man, I really like the NZXT S340! I have the black one for my home rig. It makes cable management look so clean!

0 Likes
magical_flame
Adept I

right but i wish the acrylic window didn't scratch so easily.

0 Likes