cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Rig Showcase

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Re: SavageBeastZero's Ryzen Red Team Rig Showcase Video

Thanks kxuping! Yeah, I have 32GB of ram using 4 DIMMS, running at 2666Mhz with 15-15-15-32-63-2T timings. I'm awaiting a bios update that will enable me to get 3000Mhz+ stable, but since I tightened up the timings I'm really happy with the performance thus far, so waiting just means I have something to look forward to in the future. I was able to get all four DIMMS operating at 3000Mhz+, but no matter what configuration I manually entered into the bios, it just couldn't get stable enough to get through a run of Cinebench, let alone Prime95 or RealBench!

So, the 2666Mhz will serve me well while I wait...Not bad though considering I've got 4 DIMMS fully stable at that frequency, which many have had issues with thus far. I have to give Asus credit, they've been churning out the bios updates on a regular basis, so I have faith that the update will come within a month, give or take.

Yeah, I know I'd love to be able to take brighter photo's, but unless I invest in a photography lighting system, it's near impossible to illuminate this room. The video is a bit easier to view the details than the photo's, why I'm not fully sure, but the video came out a tad clearer to a degree.

kingfish
MVP

Just....awesome!

spinalfailed
Challenger

Looking good!

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very nice system mate.

evilzoe
Adept III

nice rig savagebeastzero​!!!

But...Can it play Crysis?

ajlueke
Grandmaster

Amazing work,  that is a beastly system and the desk is truly one of a kind!  I was curious about the lack of overhead lighting or anything like that in the gaming room?  

I find it interesting that you stuck it out with the 4 DIMMs at 2666MHz as I have gone back and forth on that so many times myself.  I also have four DIMMs stable at 2666MHz at 14-16-16-16-36, while two is stable at 3200MHz at the same timings.  I don't have any applications than need 32GB of RAM and the 3200MHz speed boosts the performance, but I would like to use the entire kit I paid for.  Interesting that you didn't seem to struggle with it at all. 

Congratulations on the system!  What game will you be breaking it in with?

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Hey ajlueke,

Yeah, as crazy as it may seem, there's actually five overhead lights in the gaming room. Yet, because black doesn't reflect light properly, those five lights only provide about as much light as the usual lowest setting on a 60W single bulb dimmer switch lamp. It's actually quite soothing to be honest and amazing for gaming atmosphere.

In regards to you having issues with getting your 4 DIMMS to operate properly, what model memory sticks are you using as that would give me an insight as to why you might be struggling with getting them to stabilize, I can likely help you with your issue. Feel free to message me and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the well wishes once again. I've been breaking the system in with a few games, mostly Battlefield 1, Black Ops III, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and The Witcher 3...I've also gone back and started playing Crysis 2: Maximum Edition and Crysis 3, as like a friend of mine below asked me "but can it run Crysis?". It's still one of those go to series to test system stability and well, to graphically impress.

Thanks again for checking out the Rig Showcase!

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Hey kingfish,

Thanks for stopping by, I was hoping you'd check it out!

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Thanks spinalfailed, this show of support from the community is getting me teary eyed, but in a good way of course!