cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Rig Showcase

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Re: Oscar-Mike V3 (Threadripper Edition)

It was indeed! I still love my AMD Ryzen 7 2700X system though - pretty much all the original parts are now back into that system and ready to be built up again. Now to see what Asus does with the upcoming Crosshair lines!

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Great write up. Threadripper is too much power for me at the moment, I am happy with the Ryzen 2700X.
Those Radeon VII's look good. 

They don't support DX11 Crossfire though and not that many DX12 MultiGPU games out there. 
I guess you are using the Radeon VII's for compute? 
Are you going to put them on waterblocks?

Thanks.  

0 Likes
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Thanks colesdav‌ - yeah I haven't used Crossfire since 17.x in 2017 July. It's mainly for compute work. For most games there's no need for Crossfire anyway on the Radeon VII's.

Waterblocks are going on after the next few days of announcements and probably after I get back from E3

amdbooger
Adept II

4f6.jpg

.....Daaaaaaang, and i though i had a good build.  I thought there was no CF support for Radeon VII??  If there is, i might pick up a 2nd.

0 Likes
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

There is no Crossfire support, but it's not the reason I always build with 2 cards. For gaming on most titles, a single Radeon VII is more than enough. Heck, I game and encode on a single one. I have multiples for compute loads and testing, never for gaming. At least not since 2017.