Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Rig Showcase

colesdav
MVP

Re: Medusa

Just purchased one of these Radeon Pro Duo for Medusa:
Always been interested in Dual GPU cards.

colesdav
MVP

Radeon Pro Duo (Fiji)  - But can it run Crysis?

pastedImage_1.png

colesdav
MVP

This project has been on hold for a while.
I managed to do some work on it over past 2 weeks.

Update is I have fitted fans, designed the metal & glass enclosure for the frame.

I will be purchasing a PowerColor RX590 (Polaris) so I will have a high end example of each AMD GCN generation GPU to fit on this test rig up to RX Vega 64 Liquid.

I am skipping Radeon VII and RX5700XT cards.

The AMD processor I am trying to decide between R9 3950X and Threadripper 3960X.
I think the Threadripper is overkill for me at the moment, and having a more gaming focus processor seems better.

I still see nothing from Intel CPU side that I am interested to buy for the second planned Intel Motherboard and CPU. So that can wait.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Purchased one of these PowerColor RX 590 Red Devil: I will be using it to test on Blender and OpenCL and compare to R9 Fury X, Nano and Fury GPU performance.  

PowerColor

cyberstorm64dd
Adept III

What about the $5500 Radeon Pro SSG (Vega)?

That should be a nice card, also what about the instinct accelerators for GPU compute?

colesdav
MVP

Idea is to use as cheap as possible hardware at the moment,
I do not need "pro" certificaction or 24/7 support.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I forgot to mention - you can now run Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise drivers on Radeon GPUs like the RX590.
Thanks.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

OK - a few updates RE: Medusa. 
I have decided to proceed with Motherboard, CPU, Ram selection. 

AMD Motherboard selected: 
ASRock X570 Creator: 
https://asrock.com/MB/AMD/X570%20Creator

AMD  CPU Selected: 
Ryzen 9 5950X; 
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-9-5950x

I need some advice on what is the best RAM to go woth for this motherboard and CPU. 

There are no good Black Friday Deals for that Motherboard. 
I will be contacting ASRock Customer Support to see if they have any news on update to the X570 Creator motherboard or not. 

If the Red Team bring back the 3DMark Firestrike scoreboard I shoul;d be able to hit some insane numbers with that Motherboard and CPU. 

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I am unable to update the Rig Specifications. 

0 Likes