cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Rig Showcase

slayer071680
Adept II

Re: Disco Zebra

ya, i swapped psu and it fixed it. i took the pc to a computer repair shop when i first put it together just to get everything tested and make sure everything was working. they told me they tested psu. so i took their word for it.  one of the mobo's was def bad cause when i first hooked it up i swapped psu's trying to eliminate the problem and it wouldn't boot. second mobo had a small scratch on it when i got it (it took out tracers on board), 3rd mobo works fine. kinda pissed at that computer repair shop tho. cause i would have sent psu back much sooner. damn thing is a corsair 1000watt platinuim certified. and it came doa.

0 Likes
zzjustinsanezz
Adept II

Really smooth! Nice build!

merlinx_at
Adept II

hi,

did you mix the ram? ... atm its still hard with 4 identical.

the PSU is a "little" to much ... you will burn much money.

greetz

0 Likes
stoggy28
Elite

No ram is all the same and max efficiency for psus is 40-60% so im actually saving money

merlinx_at
Adept II

... so you are heating with 40-60% your room - which is quite nice in the winter

"The efficiency of a computer power supply is its output power divided by its input power; the remaining input power is converted into heat. .... Supplies are typically most efficient at between half and three quarters load, much less efficient at low load, and somewhat less efficient at maximum load."

80 Plus - Wikipedia

maybe you can test a another PSU and use just 2x RAM

0 Likes
kxuping
Forerunner

At what speed are you running your 32GB ram?

0 Likes
stoggy28
Elite

0 Likes
rqs-devine
Elite

Very nice you will have to repost when you get that Ryzen CPU.

0 Likes
stoggy28
Elite

Updated

rqs-devine
Elite

Sweet!

0 Likes