cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

wiltocking
Journeyman III

Zigzag 2600x Temperatures

Hello, this is my first AMD CPU and I'm a little unfamiliar with their behavior. I want to know if the zigzag temperatures I'm seeing are normal for a 2600X while idle. The difference in temperature is about 10C from low point to high point in the graph and the jump usually occurs in under a second. This happens even when the fan is set at max rpm (it just lowers the overall temperature but fluctuations still happen). My system consists of:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

ASUS ROG Strix X470-I

G-Skill Flare X DDR4 3200

Noctua NH-L9A

I'm not worried much about the temperature level, it's just the constant fluctuations that bug me, my previous CPU's temperature would idle within a +/- 1C range. I've attached a Ryzen Master screenshot to show the weird behavior with fan at ~1800 rpm. I'm pretty sure this happens under load too just at a higher overall temperature, will try to get a second screenshot later today. In the meantime, is this normal or should the processor be RMA'd?

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

wiltocking, from what I have seen, including my 1950X with water cooler, they all do that.  I doubt AMD would RMA your processor based on this evidence.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
wiltocking
Journeyman III

And here is the same behaviour while gaming:

amd master game.png

0 Likes

How on earth your core speed is 2,2 when gaming?

0 Likes