Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lopols
Adept II

Zen4+ (refresh) or Zen5 DDR5 sweetspot

Hello everyone,
I was searching the net and found that for every Zen series there is different DDR sweetspot for the speed.

@amd - can we have the next one? Like what would be the next sweetspot for Zen 4+ refresh / Zen 5.

I dont want to buy ram every year...would prefer to purchase overclocked one at least for DDR5 family.

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

lopols, this is a user forum. To contact AMD please use AMD Support. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I have learned the following "Sweet Spot" for the following AMD CPU Series:

2000 series is 3200Mhz

3000 - 5000 series is 3600Mhz

7000 series is DDR5-6000 : https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-confirms-ddr5-6000-ram-is-the-sweet-spot-for-ryzen-7000-cpus

The Zen 4 parts have a default FCLK of 1,733 MHz, supporting DDR5-5200 memory by default. Hallock believes that DDR5-6000 will be the sweet spot for Zen 4 based on cost, stability, performance, availability, and ease. In contrast, Zen 3's sweet spot was at DDR4-3600 (1,800 MHz FCLK), with DDR4-4000 (2,000 MHz FCLK) being the golden standard. Nonetheless, Hallock said that in some scenarios, when surpassing a 2,000 MHz FCLK could yield better performance. However, it shouldn't be the priority for most users. We'll take AMD's word until we can run our RAM benchmarks on Zen 4.

0 Likes
lopols
Adept II

I dont think, AMD will share anything actually this is the reason the topic is here...

0 Likes

Those Sweet Spots that I posted have been tested by various Tech sites and shown to be true.

In the above statement I posted in my previous reply, Hallock is a AMD Employee who often participates at Reddit /AMD Forums and he is the one that verified the "Sweet spots" that i posted.